Sign in to follow this  
Profkel-29

Angelfish eggs urgent!

Angelfish laid eggs in 55 gallon community tank first time, any input as to what I should do would be great. Have an extra tank with cherry shrimp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basically not much you can do. Its their first batch so there's a 99.999879% chance that they won't succeed in hatching let alone making it more then a day or 2. If you want to have more success with the pair, set up a separate tank for them. Just about guaranteed the eggs will disappear over night so you could set it up tomorrow and move them tomorrow. They'll lay again in about a week, maybe less, depending on how old and healthy they are and a few other things like stress ect ect..

They'll have 2,3 maybe 4 go's at it b4 they get the hang of it so don't be disappointed by it. Its natural.

Expect to see a lot of aggression from angel parents. Unlikely any fry will survive and a few other fish may be wounded pos killed.

Not all angels are the same. A good pair can produce huge levels of fry if moved to a seperate breeding tank. That would also bring some calm to your current community tank.

Angels will eat shrimp too. Maybe not all. But some.

I would let them have this batch as practise. Watch the fish, this is why ya keep them so don't miss the cool bits.

Then think for a bit if you want to breed and raise them.

You want to cycle a filter first so if I was gonna breed them I would add an air powered sponge filter to your tank. That way you can rapid cycle it.

If you decide to breed, tank + heater + airpump + cycled sponge filter + water from other aquarium + angel pair.

Then you have fry tanks and grow out tanks.

Its a slippery slope I enjoyed going down, but it can escalate quickly.

Often its just best to watch them try and try prevent aggression turning into murder. Good chance to check pairs eggs and make sure no ones shooting blanks.

Sign in to follow this