hornet

Aqua one nano co2 not lasting

First bottle in my aqua one nano co2 kit lasted maybe 3 weeks, not sure if thats normal but i did expect longer. Latest bottle not even 2 weeks and we are empty. At $35 a pop its in excess of $10 a week on co2. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I want to upgrade the a refillable cylinder but the initial price is a bit much for me at the moment

I had 1 setup on a fluval ebi tank, lasted probably a month or so, it ran out too quick for my liking and didnt see 'great' results.

I prefer to just make up my own culture in 2L bottle, last forever and cost pretty much nothing and have more success.

Haven't bought another AO canister since the first one ran out, waste of money imo.

First bottle in my aqua one nano co2 kit lasted maybe 3 weeks, not sure if thats normal but i did expect longer. Latest bottle not even 2 weeks and we are empty. At $35 a pop its in excess of $10 a week on co2. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I want to upgrade the a refillable cylinder but the initial price is a bit much for me at the moment

Those CO2 systems are a waste of time/money, even the DIY ones aren't great because there is no way to shut them off, and you don't want CO2 running when your lights are off. Personally I would put the money aside and start saving for a real CO2 system, don't buy one of those cheap chinese ones or really any of the ones that are branded for fish. You are far better off building your own from scratch.

If you just want to use it on one tank, this is the type of regulator you should be looking at

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Medical-Dual-Stage-Regulator-0-3500-PSI-G8111-/282015494949?hash=item41a96ef325:g:8hMAAOSwfcVUHnWw