I didn't read the article but you'd think they'd have a backup plan like production of natives to that system. So restocking can happens if the worst case scenario happens

The article was on the abc a couple of Saturday's ago , and only started watching it about halfway through the show. Pretty much what I saw was the government trying to make up excuses for doing it ,and not worrying about the what if and clean up . Also that there preparing to release another virus on the rabbits ,as well.

They are worrying about the clean up by paying for it

They are worrying about the what if by investing in research

Perhaps humans are the worst introduced species, and our greatest form of environmental harm is introducing more species. Then trying to solve the problem by introducing more species

Governments are getting ready

Overpopulation of Carp....Carp pox virus sorts it out

Next....THE REAL PROBLEM

Overpopulation of the 2 legged species

Same solution....different virus....it will happen, if it isn't already underway ;)

Nature does like getting things back into balance. I dunno if its up to taking on humans though. Think we 'won' this one.

planet is due for another mass extinction

Anyone with connections to media?

Just like Tilapia, there are always those either not aware or don't really care about the laws..... including the fishing section columnist ... so no help to the cause...

From Saturday's Courier Mail: Debbie Roath of Boonah doesn't sound like she just got off the boat, and qualifies for a visit by fisheries lol

post-6679-14711635266669_thumb.jpg