Hey guys I'm going to be upgrading my tank this weekend and my tank I have now will be getting picked up on Friday night and I'll be getting the new tank around lunch time on Saturday, I just have 1 15cm flowerhorn in the tank and I was wondering if he would be ok in a 20L bucket with an airstone for that time? Or is it not such a good idea?

do you have a large esky? a 20lit bucket is a bit narrow for a 15cm fish. I live at mudgeeraba and can lend you one if needed( or a 12inch cube tank with sliding lid) sorry double posted

Thanks for all the advice guys and thanks [MENTION=173]Peter[/MENTION]_m for the offer! I'm thinking I'll put him in my 6foot for the day, hopefully I'll sell the jag this week so he should be right. Was just scared putting him in with the jag, he's a bit aggressive

Thanks for all the advice guys and thanks [MENTION=173]Peter[/MENTION]_m for the offer! I'm thinking I'll put him in my 6foot for the day, hopefully I'll sell the jag this week so he should be right. Was just scared putting him in with the jag, he's a bit aggressive

You could use some egg crate to split the tank

Good luck with this changeover and I really hope your plans for the new tank to arrive lunch time on Saturday work out... but do you have a contingency if it doesn't. Personally I'd be delaying the pickup of the old tank until after the new one was set up if you can swing it. If something goes wrong with the delivery on Saturday you're going to be in a bad place with big fish in an esky. My last big tank was chipped getting it out of the truck and had to be remade and was delivered again 6 weeks later! Thankfully I had a spare 4x2x2 on hand that I had to set up temporarily to keep everything alive.... and a few 50l tubs with plants... was really stressful.

Good luck with this changeover and I really hope your plans for the new tank to arrive lunch time on Saturday work out... but do you have a contingency if it doesn't. Personally I'd be delaying the pickup of the old tank until after the new one was set up if you can swing it. If something goes wrong with the delivery on Saturday you're going to be in a bad place with big fish in an esky. My last big tank was chipped getting it out of the truck and had to be remade and was delivered again 6 weeks later! Thankfully I had a spare 4x2x2 on hand that I had to set up temporarily to keep everything alive.... and a few 50l tubs with plants... was really stressful.

Yea mate very true, decided I'm going to put him in my 6ft tank for the day

Got some spare egg crate mate if you feel like a drive to Coomera ?

Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate I definitely would but don't think I can get out that far, broke my leg and wife is over 8 months pregnant now lol! Thankyou anyway! I appreciate the offer

Sorry to hear. Hope you get well soon.

Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate hopefully get this cast off asap before the baby is born!