gotzy

synodontis brichardi and flavitaeniatus lost to the hobby?

Hi Everyone i have been searching for awhile now and have not been able to find either of these synos anywhere is aus. (well i lie i have been told of 6 flavs but they are all the same sex and owned but the one person).

anyway my question is has anyone see any in the last few years? or would it be safer to say that the few that were here have most likely died off. (would have to be atleast 10 years old.) even tho i synos can live for along time and i have one that is estimated to be 20 years old accidents happen.

i really am thinking that if not already then within the next few years will sadly be able to say we can no longer own these beautiful fish in australia.

i guess the main point of my post is that i want someone to prove me wrong

post-10343-14711635246378_thumb.jpg

post-10343-14711635245973_thumb.jpg

Haha I wish I could say I would or could. But I definitely would like to try. These fish need to be bred with hormones and then its easier said than done. Otherwise I'm sure there would be plenty

i did see a post on here by pet city from 2011 i think with theme. so they were here. just need someone to still have some! other place

melbourne is the other place ive heard of them

over 300 views on this thread and nobody seems to have any now. atleast the news of them being here is a hope. just need them to come up for sale if still alive.

There were some available for sale openly advertised in WA two weeks ago. If you are serious - look at Gumtree WA and the WA forums in Perth. Thing is - as I explained - doubtful they will want to ship to QLD...

There were some available for sale openly advertised in WA two weeks ago. If you are serious - look at Gumtree WA and the WA forums in Perth. Thing is - as I explained - doubtful they will want to ship to QLD...

what key words are you searching. i didnt notice anything then and cant find anything now.

Next time you notice something can you flick me a link?

Will do. Andrew and Creale I've both asked and they are not interested in shipping - like they said - for the cost and time involved - not worth the hassle. There is a seller near Rockingham and another just out of Perth that trade on Gumtree. Rockingham fish were the ones last advertised - you can set up notifications on your keywords. I think you will struggle with the shipping. Freight from WA is very expensive without an account - even on account it's expensive...

Edited by none

Sorry to hijack this thead ...really i am but this has to be said . I get to as many auctions as i can and constantly hear Steve Baines saying this exact thing 20 years ago every one had fish a or fish c  so come on guys its hard enough getting brood stock of some fish into australia now , if you have the time ,space, knowledge  get your hands on some of these fish before they are lost to us forever .We all know the stooges in government arent going to make importing fish any easier and our native populations arent all in a great state

about time for this thread to go to top. If anyone has some odd synos send me a pm and id be more than happy to talk about them. 

Also always interested in buying less common syno but am getting married this year so will be actively hunting for them after that.

If youve seen any of above let us know.

Cheers Adam