mitch-91

Where do people get there tanks from?

Well I've now expanded my tank arsenal from 1 to now 3, I picked up two very nice tanks yesturday for my shrimps. I'm just wondering if later on I want similar looking tanks where would I go? I know shops like pet barn don't sell them. They are just 18"L x 9wx 9.5h rectangler tanks. As I am thinking later on I wanna build a rack but want identical tanks on it.

I mostly buy second hand ones - Dumtree , fleabay , on here , can even try farcebook .

I used to buy tanks from Brian MacGregor but he has closed down , Darren at Aquariums are Us is good enough and cheap especially for small tanks , as for display tanks Dennison Seeto from Maryannes ( see Farcebook ) is about as good as it gets !

I do not deal with Gary Maher , as he does not deal with the public . His tanks are ok but ( very ) expensive his timber stands are among the best .

For some larger or speciality tanks I build my own , works out more expensive as often as not , than buying the tanks . not been building in the last few years . I have however got second hand tanks stripped them down to "flat pack" and replaced the front glass ( usually because I have bought the tank cheap with scratched glass ! or with a leaky seam )

I mostly buy second hand ones - Dumtree , fleabay , on here , can even try farcebook .

I used to buy tanks from Brian MacGregor but he has closed down , Darren at Aquariums are Us is good enough and cheap especially for small tanks , as for display tanks Dennison Seeto from Maryannes ( see Farcebook ) is about as good as it gets !

I do not deal with Gary Maher , as he does not deal with the public . His tanks are ok but ( very ) expensive his timber stands are among the best .

For some larger or speciality tanks I build my own , works out more expensive as often as not , than buying the tanks . not been building in the last few years . I have however got second hand tanks stripped them down to "flat pack" and replaced the front glass ( usually because I have bought the tank cheap with scratched glass ! or with a leaky seam )

oh yeah i got my two from gumtree and i must say its one of the best deals ive gotten from there :) tanks are like new so are the filters. the bloke was also very helpful too and even gave me some free moss and subwassatang or what ever its called.