175Myles

Best place to upload photo's to. FaceBook!

I'm not sure if anyone has done this already, but FaceBook seems to be the best place to upload your photo's to to get a good link to here. You don't have to pay for the service and the photo links don't seem to die over time like a lot of other photo hosting websites do, they only crap out if you delete the picture itself.

Nearly everyone on this website has an account on there already.

Go to the picture you have uploaded, right click it, {Copy image address} Come back to here and paste the link between the codes and.

Just be aware that some pictures in old albums may not work.

Edited by 175Myles

If youre after quality photographs, facebook isnt your first choice. Facebook actually compressed photos and you lose quality.

I use dropbox. Free storage and photos have no expiry.

If you read the terms of service (fine print) about facebook, by hosting photos there, you actually lose control/ownership of content. So not really free unless you don't mind giving your images away. And deleting them doesn't remove the backups and cached copies.

ref: http://www.nyccounsel.com/business-blogs-websites/who-owns-photos-and-videos-posted-on-facebook-or-twitter/ but there are plenty others if you search.

Edited by aquaholic99

If you read the terms of service (fine print) about facebook, by hosting photos there, you actually lose control/ownership of content. So not really free unless you don't mind giving your images away. And deleting them doesn't remove the backups and cached copies.

ref: http://www.nyccounsel.com/business-blogs-websites/who-owns-photos-and-videos-posted-on-facebook-or-twitter/ but there are plenty others if you search.

That's a valid point, however most people don't take pictures with the intent of sharing in high quality anyway.

I use Deviant Art if I want to upload a mega quality image with a water mark anyway.