Sign in to follow this  

Hey everybody Chris here again,

I added 3 new females to my colony today all decent size one of is quite big intact she's bigger then my dominant male.. My question is, will that be ok and my dominant male is chasing them all around being pretty rough really.. Is this just him showing them who's boss or does he feel threatened by them cause their the same size and bigger then him atm..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Chris,

You likely just mixed up the pecking order a bit. They should work it out and settle down. I am a big fan of moving around the tank ornaments a bit. That way its a scramble to "claim" the best spots. Rather than just the boss bashing everyone going near stuff he has already claimed for him.

You can move the ornaments back how they were again once things have chilled out.

Hey donny, after I got home from the shop I did a little research and read somewhere to try change the tank abit and then the fish will be more interested in checking the changes out rather then picking on eachother, so I did that and seems to of worked. My boy still chases em if they go near his fav spot but has stopped chasing them all over the tank..

Sign in to follow this