anthryn

Honey Blue Eyes

Hi all,

We were lucky enough to find a population of Honey Blue Eyes in a creek. Does anybody know if this needs to be reported?

And incase you are wondering, no, the location will not be revealed on here. And, no, we didnt take any!

Other species present where rainbows, empire gudgeons, and shrimp. Not a single noxious fish to be seen. So good to see!!!!

thanks

There are two creeks close to Auchenflower that I've seen them in before, along with Rhads, Empires, Firetails, Shrimp etc. We may be talking about different locations, im not sure but the locations im talking about are both known by fisheries so no need to report.

Your best bet is to just send them an e-mail and let them know as no one here can really help you out without a location.

There are two creeks close to Auchenflower that I've seen them in before, along with Rhads, Empires, Firetails, Shrimp etc. We may be talking about different locations, im not sure but the locations im talking about are both known by fisheries so no need to report.

Your best bet is to just send them an e-mail and let them know as no one here can really help you out without a location.

You must be thinking of somewhere else.....

There is no way in hell that there are Honey Blue-eyes in about 80 km of Auchenflower it is inner city Brisbane and it floods with the brackish water from the Brisbane river from time to time . The adjacent creeks are Ithaca and Toowong creek and you get crimson spotted rainbows in them, may be pacific Blueeyes and Gudgeons.

You must be thinking of somewhere else.....

There is no way in hell that there are Honey Blue-eyes in about 80 km of Auchenflower it is inner city Brisbane and it floods with the brackish water from the Brisbane river from time to time . The adjacent creeks are Ithaca and Toowong creek and you get crimson spotted rainbows in them, may be pacific Blueeyes and Gudgeons.

It would be really great if they are there - they used to be found in many places in Brisbane CBD but that was a VERY long time ago... I have no doubt based on previous posts that anthryn knows his / her natives so fingers crossed (and I'm glad the location has not been revealed!!)

There are creeks not subject to brackish water around brisbane so it's certainly not impossible in that regard

Edited by none

Tin Can Bay. I know that must be one of the main areas they are found. But just wasnt sure if needs to be reported.

Only find swordtails this close to the city these days. And the odd rainbow. Caught and released some nice purple spots in kenmore a few wks ago though :)

The Tin Can Bay habitat is well known and has been for forty+ years. Numbers are not what they used to be though and there is covert surveillance there to catch grubs...