Ok so for you that know me I've spent the last 18 months setting up my latest meter fish room, build pic are on another post. That is now Finished. Well 95% which is close enough.

Next project is a 5000litre tank

No pics yet but plans are well underway-

I will post progress once started

Basics

Tank will be 9x4x5h foot

4860litres

Engineered steel frame

Walls and base marine ply

Rubber membrane sealer internal and external ( spillage and splashes)

Power coated frame

40mm 2400x1200 viewing window,

External sump ( tank build is enough for now)

Stock -some of my large nimbochromis and frontosa and some exotics ( could end up all exotics)

Stay tuned. 😊

Edited by ado_84

Look forward to watching this design.

And wondering if you have thought through some different methods for cleaning / maintenance inside the tank. I am guessing ladder or scaffold, lol, and really really long handled scrubbers?

A good magnet will be able to clean it. What about a big pool filter with economical pump for turnover? Dep on stocking levels it'll be 20000-40000lt/hr filtration. A sump's going to be pushing it, isn't it? What size sump and flow rate through it r u going to have?

Plan is to start the build next week, was going to be this week but couldn't get to the steel supplier this weekend.

Very rough scetch but proportions are right

post-7490-14711635351208_thumb.jpg

Edited by ado_84

Lol, not sure how you would get it in a standard house but It would be awesome, I'm not sure if anyone would want a tank this size.

post-7490-14711635385555_thumb.jpg

post-7490-14711635385349_thumb.jpg

post-7490-14711635385728_thumb.jpg

Edited by ado_84

Just a quick update , reduced size to 210x120x120cm mainly for cost reasons all material have been purchased part from the sealer,

The frame will hopefully get finish this weekend so I can get it powder coated next week.

Sofar no hiccups

post-7490-14711635401797_thumb.jpg[attach=config]7424

Frame is nearly finished, Perspex and marine ply is mostly cut read to go.

Glad I down sized original plan, as it's bloody HUGH

Edited by ado_84

50k is stupid

Have a concrete base and sides pored, and then just fibreglass over and use glass view panel.

post-11301-14711635402316_thumb.jpg

This is tank is filtered by a bio ball trickle tower and a drip system for water changes. Has been running for over a decade and only recently needed the fiberglass seen to.

Edited by Lictoga

Just a quick update , reduced size to 210x120x120cm mainly for cost reasons all material have been purchased part from the sealer,

The frame will hopefully get finish this weekend so I can get it powder coated next week.

Sofar no hiccups

Shame though big down size! still an epic tank but shame you couldn't go the full size