Can't go past these heaters post-7490-14711635511527_thumb.jpg

Haven't quite worked out the filter yet. I have a Spare 4x2 sump here but may just run a couple good canisters and internals/wave makers for movement in the short term, an over overhead sump would be good but too ugly.

Got the reinforcing done today, should be able to do the first coat of sealer tomorrow

post-7490-14711635511633_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice and coming together fast.

I have a portable spa heater & DE filter (diatamaceous earth) you can borrow if you need a fast water polish or heat up. It can remove green water algae/white spot or heat up to 20,000L overnight. Good if you have a few bigger tanks to clean fast.

20160703_081359_zps7bskmcci.jpg

20160703_081452_zpsjbxexx7s.jpg

Slowly getting there people, hoping for NO leaks, Arcylic in pre drilled, will be removed to silicon in, ladder is removable. Hoping to fill next Sunday, stand will be made at a later date and ladder extended to accomodate the extra height.

post-7490-14711635531545_thumb.jpg

post-7490-1471163553176_thumb.jpg

Would a container van be stong enough do a similar tank? Ive seen a few being built as coffee pods and shopfront using container vans.

Do you mean a shipping container? I'm not familiar with container vans

You could but there would still be a fair bit of steel work, it would need top flange/capping and at suitable frame for glass/Arcylic installed, plus a good flat floor, to my knowledge a cheap 20 foot container is 1500, which sounds good but with the steel work sealer and Arcylic it'd estimate a build cost (1500mm high) of well over 7k

The container 1500

The min two sheets of Arcylic (4.6m viewing panel). 2400

Sealer 70$ per 2meter squared approx 32m do about 1100

Steel and steel work easy 500 if you can weld yourself

5500. Be a Huge project.

[attach=config]74241[/attach][attach=config]7424

Frame is nearly finished, Perspex and marine ply is mostly cut read to go.

Glad I down sized original plan, as it's bloody HUGH

i seen these down the powder coaters the other day when i dropped some stands off Adrian, straight away i knew they were for a fish room, i asked Adam and he told me lol. looks good man :D