marimo moss balls are these legal? I read a few pages on verious sites saying they are as long as they are not the original plant originally imported and others say they are totally illegal? Any help much appreciated thanks

I don't think they have ever been legal to import because of the conservation status but I'm not 100%.

I have heard of people in nsw and wa having their tanks chlorine bombed for having them so I have never risked keeping them.

It would be good if someone has a link to the laws surrounding them.

Cheers mick

Gumtree has them and if I was to buy I'd ask to propagate one so I can see inside before I buy.. In saying that they are fairly cheap and advertised openly so it confuses me with laws on them

They could be real.

I know of one person that gets them in somehow so there is probably alot more than one doing it.

Some forums won't allow them to be sold so most of the sellers are now on facebook and Gumtree.

Cheers mick

Yeah, well i didnt know of them being illegal at the time and was in the possession of one from ebay.. china stuff. it was dying so before i threw it away, i opened it and it was just more green moss inside.

everywhere on ebay and gumtree.. cool little things though.