Pineapples

Where do people get these amazing pieces of drift wood?

I've seen a few tanks that have these tree root like pieces of drift wood and they look great. I'm just wondering where people find/buy them?

Has anyone had experience importing them? I understand they would need to be decontaminated.

5d6dc4c087b051ec7ee21222b3a83989.jpg

ed3bfd18215b6d21892ce5fb9ea1831a.jpg

7ba9208e1e51cb0c22a47de4b7d47a98.jpg

b77c24a8614ae85f971cf1d268439e5c.jpg

cd31c45692b392afb44a495dfe9a679f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really curious also. Seems like if you want the nice ones youd have to import them most of the time. Ive seen some people who have connections through people who order and stock large amounts and they get hooked up with nice ones.. otherwise us guys just gotta rummage through every lfs to find the right peices..

I would be keen to bulk buy and stock my shed with hardscapes to have them ready at hand.. haha

I was happy to find this piece though at petbarn

post-17119-14711635360177_thumb.jpg

Wow! I would be interested in a group buy maybe with someone a bit more experienced leading the charge. All of my tanks are between 120-200L excluding a couple of small shrimp tanks so I couldn't get something that size but something with a 40cm x 30 footing and at least 45cm high so it comes out of the water would be perfect it would fill half of the tank space.

Aquarium ware house has had some really big pieces on the goldy or Steve Baines can get some good stuff. Order some off him the next time he gets some. I've seen some pieces that the tank was made around

Edited by thatsright99

Gold vine, malaysian driftwood, australian mangrove and melaleuca. Between those you have all the above covered. Just have to scout around. Steve Banes is usually the go to guy for centre piece melaleuca bits. The rest we usually have a good selection of, although ready for a goldvine and larger malay restock.

I have family with creeks that flood regularly and leave beautiful pieces in the paddocks. I've have to go have a scout around soon and see if I can collect some. Here's one I found that I've got in my tank at the moment.

58e28a41d664e4792367538cd7883080.jpg

I have family with creeks that flood regularly and leave beautiful pieces in the paddocks. I've have to go have a scout around soon and see if I can collect some. Here's one I found that I've got in my tank at the moment.

58e28a41d664e4792367538cd7883080.jpg

If you go out there and find a nice piece about 35x35 on the base and 45 high let me know. Even if it was a couple of pieces and they sat together nicely.

I want it to fill the left half of my Aqua one 620

There's quite a bit of it around the spot in the photos. It's an inlet on Kings Beach in Bowen. I'll let you know if i spot any small pieces.

I'm on the Gold Coast so maybe a bit far away