Well Mum went to the local to get some crickets for her Green Tree Frogs and came back with Crickets and a 4cm Tandanus Catfish as well... sigh...

OK, so after telling her that they grow to 60cm+ and that when they are big enough will eat the other fish, she isn't too sure about it... so, seeing I have a bathtub outside that's been sitting full of water and plants for a month or two, maybe more, would it be OK to go into one of them? So far the nights have been around 10c so from I've seen online, so wondering if it'll be too cold for it to go into, or should I just keep it in the 3ft Mr Aqua tank I gave her with the Golden Rosy Barbs and Blind Cave Tetras?

Cheers.

[MENTION=15973]GotCrabs[/MENTION]

It will be fine in tub they are very hardy and can withstand extreme conditions..

However being so small it would be fine in the Mr Aqua tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah no worries I used to have 3 in my 4ftx2x2 tank and kept them with all of my other fish like neons and chichlids and they were fine and then about three years later they started getting really big so I went and released them im a dam at my dads farm

Yeah no worries I used to have 3 in my 4ftx2x2 tank and kept them with all of my other fish like neons and chichlids and they were fine and then about three years later they started getting really big so I went and released them im a dam at my dads farm

Well I know where to take it now when the ******* get's too big.

Yeah I have looked at the before but have always been too big and then Mum came home with one today and I told her how large and aggressive they can be at times so she started to second guess it, but it'll be alright, once it gets a bit of size about it I'll put it in the bathtub pond on it's own outside, have one with about 25 River Murray Rainbows in it and the other is empty, so guess it's the Tandanus's when time is right.

They are cool, don't seem shy or anything, come up to the glass when I get close to it.

Is there any worries of them jumping?

Yeah it will be fine in the tub and Nope no worries of them jumping out they are bottom dwellers and occasionally come

Up to the surface of they see something of interest but they don't jump out of water I have never had them jump out on me before