Hey guys,

Ive just started up a tank after months of thinking on it so I don't know a lot about the technical sides of what species go with what other fish. I know all the basic's. But James from Caramel's Fishy Friends @ Flinders View referred me here.

Anyways, for the last week I've cycled the water and got the Ph levels right at about 7.8-8.6. Water temp at 24 degrees. Using a AQUA ONE filter doing 2000L per hour, very big for the tank but thought id go all out :eyebrows: I will attach photo of my set up.

At the moment I have 2 clown loaches, 1 peppermint bristlenose, 1 red top zebra. I'm wanting to add 5-6 iceberg blue cichlids and 5-6 electric yellow cichlids and maybe have a couple of others like mpangas, flamebacks, peacocks. Is this an okay set up? Will i be facing any issues or if this isn't a good set up what is an example because I've done a lot of research and can't really find out too much help with this.

post-17990-14711635393631_thumb.jpg

Edited by benjaminfittler

Welcome to the forum!

Unless you are using a product to quicken the tank cycle, then definitely give it a few more weeks before adding more fish. (get a test kit if you want to be certain)

Most mbuna are a little ornery, I would be a little wary keeping the mpanga and zebra with some of the species you have mentioned.

But you never know, I have seen people pull off stocking miracles I would have sworn wouldn't work.

Hey guys,

Ive just started up a tank after months of thinking on it so I don't know a lot about the technical sides of what species go with what other fish. I know all the basic's. But James from Caramel's Fishy Friends @ Flinders View referred me here.

Anyways, for the last week I've cycled the water and got the Ph levels right at about 7.8-8.6. Water temp at 24 degrees. Using a AQUA ONE filter doing 2000L per hour, very big for the tank but thought id go all out :eyebrows: I will attach photo of my set up.

At the moment I have 2 clown loaches, 1 peppermint bristlenose, 1 red top zebra. I'm wanting to add 5-6 iceberg blue cichlids and 5-6 electric yellow cichlids and maybe have a couple of others like mpangas, flamebacks, peacocks. Is this an okay set up? Will i be facing any issues or if this isn't a good set up what is an example because I've done a lot of research and can't really find out too much help with this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74191[/ATTACH]

great to see you found QLDAF Ben, there is multiple articles on here full of great advice and ideas, along with some really great knowledgeable hobbyist always willing to fuel your addiction haha! I'm almost certain i sold you quickstart or you told me your were using quickstart or stability. Just to clear the air as your post comes across like you threw some water in and added fish haha!

enjoy the forum :)