grubby

Real Flying Fox for sale at Mappins Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus

Wiki for aquarium fish is great.

Did you read the battle with paradise fish bit?

Nah didn't see that. Not long after I wrote this thread, my 10 month old spoodle, scoffed the net off the roast dinner and I had to take him to underwood 24 hr vet clinic to have the vet administer an emetic to make him puke the bloody thing up. $260 later we are finally home. Good thing I caught it, a potential bowl obstruction would have been far worse and a hell of a lot more costly. Had him there in under an hour of ingestion and all good. Bloody dogs, got home and the cats are just sitting there looking at him like he is a bloody fool. They never cause problems. Bonus for me was the cute Canadian lady vet who looked after him.

I'm an idiot. I could have saved 260 bucks and taken him on a hot lap of Mt Cootha or Beechmont in the mazda. He pukes going through a few Forest Lake Roundabouts.

Well I can happily report that my algae issues are in the past. Those Flying Fox have done an amazing job at demolishing the algae issues that I had. They even get into algae caught up in the floating guppy grass that I have in my boesmani tank. Amazing little critters.

I may have to get some of these Flying foxes. The SAE's I have just aren't doing the job on the BBA issue I have, well not yet anyways.

I may have to get some of these Flying foxes. The SAE's I have just aren't doing the job on the BBA issue I have, well not yet anyways.

I have black nerite snails also that chomp algae but they cannot match the Flying fox.