Sign in to follow this  
ellzmabob

best heater/filter for 30 litre tank

hi! i'm starting my first betta tank and im just looking up on heater and filters for it. i know they dont like flow from the filters so its hard to find a good one. i would prefer a internal one if possible. i was looking at the Tetra Whisper Internal Power FILTER 2-10 G and other ones..

the tank im getting has one that comes with a filter but im not sure about the flow of it..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131845033621?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=431193853534&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

also would the hydor theo 50w or 25w be better?

(i sometimes have the air conditioner heater on in my room)

(i also have 2 fancy goldfish tanks 77g & 56g so i know the important basics about fish care :) )

Edited by ellzmabob

I have an aqua one 23llit tank which is similar to the one you are looking at, only smaller, I have shrimp in mine, they do not like a lot of current, it has a built in filter that is 400lit hour and it does not seem to worry them, the tank you are looking at is 300lit hour so should be ok as it is.

If you haven't already purchashed the tank there is a little pet shop at 467 Underwood Road Rochedale South. That has similar tanks for cheaper than that ebay ad and you dont have to get is from WA.

If you have already bought it nevermind haha.

The built in filters in those tanks usually do the trick. There are always ways to decrease the flow of need be.

Definitely go for the 50W heater as well. I had a 25W heater in my 26L tank and the temp would still fluctuate a bit too much for my liking. It will only turn on when the water drops below a certain point so it's fine having the aircon heater on as well.

Sign in to follow this