The Tech Den

Fluval FX4- Oooohhh Yeahhhh

Fluval FX4 yes yes yes!! - took Fluval to think of a Canister that you can also use as a gravel vac - can't wait for these to arrive in the next few months...

Check out more details on our website and the videos - http://www.thetechden.com.au/Fluval_FX4_2650lph_for_aquarium_tanks_up_to_1000_l_p/pf152.htm

Definite pricing to be confirmed, but if you are interested pop your email address in on the product page to be told when they hit the shelves.

post-1338-14711635463653_thumb.jpg

post-1338-14711635463303_thumb.jpg

post-1338-14711635463484_thumb.jpg

I'm having a few brain farts at the moment trying to work this out.

1. So the water you gravel vac goes into the filter and then back into the tank using the power of the powerhead.

or

2. You use the powerhead to gravel vac into the filter and this water then passes through the filter media and exits through an open valve.

or

3. You only use the powerhead of the filter to gravel vac discarding the water without passing through the filter media.

Its easier to watch the video explination - just click the link below and scroll down after the description and you will see two videos - one is on the FX4 itself and the one beside is the vac and setup. It should explain it a bit easier.

http://www.thetechden.com.au/Fluval_FX4_2650lph_for_aquarium_tanks_up_to_1000_l_p/pf152.htm

That would come in so handy on one of my low laying tanks........hopefully they bring out a FX6 with this feature.

Watched the fluval video on the FX4, and before they introduce the gravel vac some text comes up saying it suits FX4/FX5/FX6. I assume it will suit the old models not just new ones or why mention the FX5.

Gday John would that gravel vac work on the fx5 and 6 aswell. Thanks mark :)

I would expect it too - so long as the out put was the same on the FX4 as the FX5 it should be fine - but as Dan mentioned above it fits the FX4-5-6.

Edited by The Tech Den

That would come in so handy on one of my low laying tanks........hopefully they bring out a FX6 with this feature.

It should not be too far off the cards - it is just waiting for a ETA - hopefully will not be like the Fluval lighting with the ETA's.