Watched the videos and read the marketing blurb, and must say am a little underwhelmed by it all. reminds me of G3 and g6 introduction.

is just another large canister with lots of foam, and an additional accessory that is simply another inline filter.

but on the positive side, has good flow for just 30 watts.

have I missed something with this new fndangled filter??

Watched the videos and read the marketing blurb, and must say am a little underwhelmed by it all. reminds me of G3 and g6 introduction.

is just another large canister with lots of foam, and an additional accessory that is simply another inline filter.

but on the positive side, has good flow for just 30 watts.

have I missed something with this new fndangled filter??

Its not only a filter but you can power vac your gravel. Could be a game changer for low laying tanks that cant be naturally syphoned or have very low flow rates when being syphoned.

Yep, something to help vacuum low tanks and sumps etc is great.

But I don't see why a new filter is needed for this, am sure this inline sieve would work on absolutely every canister filter.

Ok,ok, if eheim had been first to market with this and it was green coloured I would probably be ecstatic lol. But seriously the inline filter or seperate prefilter if you like is seperate to this new fx4.

[MENTION=17371]IsaRich[/MENTION] the fx4 isn't just to introduce the new attachment, it fills the gap between the 406 and the fx6. I wish it existed earlier so I didn't have to build a separate cupboard for my fx5 that doesn't fit under my tank.

I'd buy one tho, I have nothing but good things to say about my fx5 and 405.

At the end of the day, if a filter does its job and doesn't leak, and you are happy with it, nothing else really matters.

I guess this will be quite popular haydnrex, depending on price. It does look like a good size combined with low wattage. Each to their own :)