Sign in to follow this  
BlueOpal

My Pond Project- Finally getting there!

Hey guys, I thought I would share some photos of one of my projects that I have been working on for a while. I bought the pond over 12 months ago now and I have been waiting to move house to finally set it up. I have finally moved and started getting it ready!

This is the framework for the pond and how it has looked since I bought it. I had a lot of different ideas of what to do with it but couldn't decide on anything.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74781[/ATTACH]

A couple of months ago I decided the frame needed to be black. I went to Bunnings and got my paint. It then rained for the next three weekends.....BUT I got it done. Eventually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74782[/ATTACH]

Edited by BlueOpal

This pond was bought for my eel tail catfish :rofl:

He is around the 40+ cm stage now and is hyper aggressive. I am hoping to try (again) and put some friends in the pond with him but...realistically....he hates everything. Lid smashing, tank busting fatty he is. I dont hold any hope of him making friends now.

So yeah, 7ft pond for one eel tail catfish is the current plan. I am also very heavily into carnivorous plants/terrariums/paludariums etc so I am looking at incorporating them in some way just so I feel a bit better about how much he has cost me hahahahaha.

I am going to astroturf around the pond and hopefully have a metal frame made up to use as a cover. Still looking into this at the moment. Really needing some ideas. It will hopefully extend over so I can have some seating around the pond somehow. I have about 25 fruit trees to put around the outside (Feijoas, Guavas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Boysenberries, Native Raspberries, Tamarillos, Finger Limes, Mini Limes etc). Then hopefully some kind of floating carnivorous planter in the pond.

Yeah, he is certainly a spoilt fish. He is my permanent reminder to not buy anything without researching beforehand. "30cm max he will get"....got there in about 12 months. LOL.

Sign in to follow this