Like Donny said the Aptasia X is the best stuff to kill them. Make a game of it.

Copper banded Butterfly fish eat them too, although I think that ours is now more interested in the food that the other fish eat.

Considering the cost and possible side effects of chems,

purchase a bubble coral instead, place bubble coral next to Aptasia and the bubble will kill/sting it to death,

And you also have a hardy sexy new coral to look at !! :eyebrows:

Worked for me anyway

Lucky that worked for you [MENTION=89]borntobreed[/MENTION] I've heard that aptasia can harm corals by stinging them.

How big a bubble coral would be needed?

That sums up one of many reasons why I don't use live rock

Well said mate, lol, don't get me wrong I use to use it, then it only took me a few years around 30 years back to realise that the hype more so from the early 90s on that this is a money maker, nothing else.

They should sell kits with live rock, like the resolving hair algae kit, the aptasia kit, the adverse worms kit, the wrong crabs kit, the toxic out put kit, the coral eating flat worms and nudibranch kit, silicon borer kit, mantis kit, the wrong algae's kit and so and so on.

Its like the old trickle filters, far superior to live rock in so many ways so they can be great, but most were built wrong and no one had proper prefiltering, just like the old under gravel kits, if reversed with great prefiltering, they work for ever at a fantastic strength.

Oh well, money needs to be made from our hobby, that will always apply.

They don't like being injected with hydrogen peroxide, i have also used vinegar with good results.

I have peppermint shrimp that are probably too well fed to worry about aptasia and I got a copperband that unfortunately starved itself to death, it never touched the aptasia.

I should have researched the copperband more before buying, i don't think I would have bought one knowing that alot die in the transition from reef to tank.

Cheers mick

I think that we were very lucky with our Copperband which we got from Neilsens. We were told that they were a difficult fish to keep unless you had an established tank. Before we purchased ours the staff member feed them all and suggested we pick one that we saw eating.

Ours just swims around and constantly pecks at the live rock. He also waits down the feeding end of the tank at dinner time, along with the rest of them!

They don't like being injected with hydrogen peroxide, i have also used vinegar with good results.

I have peppermint shrimp that are probably too well fed to worry about aptasia and I got a copperband that unfortunately starved itself to death, it never touched the aptasia.

I should have researched the copperband more before buying, i don't think I would have bought one knowing that alot die in the transition from reef to tank.

Cheers mick

Peroxide for the algae mate, not the colonising anems.

From collecting, lets say "many" chelmons/copperbands, roughly one in 10 live reasonably well.