Netto14

Pokemon Go Gym at AOA

A lot of hype on the news about the new pokemon gyms, My son is into it and he is 21!

Don't know weather is a good thing or bad.

Age of Aquariums will be receiving a lot of visitors

We have something on my street linked to pokemon go, but I would not have a clue what it is. There is a constant stream of cars and people that stop either out the front of our place or a few houses down.

First I thought that somebody on our street had started drug dealing but the more I watched the more confused I got as no one was jumping out of the cars. Then a friend suggested it was all connected to pokemon go. It then all made sense. We have great people that live on our street and couldn't see anybody taking part in that kind of behavior.

People will get injured or killed over this as all their attention is on their phones.

I'm almost tempted to report it to the police or council as the increased traffic will start to cause problems or possibly injure an innocent person.

Great in theory, but problematic for residents and businesses who are affected by this.

who will take all the carparks....but buy nothing ;)

Yep, getting into AOA will be like trying to find a parking spot at Westfields during christmas. Jump on it @AOA because if this thing kicks off big time it will probably have a direct impact on customers.

There could be some serious financial benefits for AoA here, what a great way to get your location known outside the relatively small hobbyist population.

I would be putting up a billboard with a pokemon looking cartoon looking into a big pretty fish tank. Leverage off the current interest.....

Not everyone who plays this game will be into aquariums. Yeah it might bring in a couple of new customers but what about at night when no ones there.

Extra rubbish in the carpark or graffiti and vandalism.

It goes bonkers at night. I see groups of 4-5 people walking/driving around at midnight. Not exactly the time you want people hanging around a shops premises unsupervised.

I'm sure the other businesses in the area would also have something to say about it.

Time will tell I guess.

There's article on news.com about the backlash in Sydney. Hundreds of people gathering in a park playing pokemon go. Hundreds, yep the article said hundreds.

Edited by TED

Not everyone who plays this game will be into aquariums. Yeah it might bring in a couple of new customers but what about at night when no ones there.

Extra rubbish in the carpark or graffiti and vandalism.

It goes bonkers at night. I see groups of 4-5 people walking/driving around at midnight. Not exactly the time you want people hanging around a shops premises unsupervised.

I'm sure the other businesses in the area would also have something to say about it.

Time will tell I guess.

There's article on news.com about the backlash in Sydney. Hundreds of people gathering in a park playing pokemon go. Hundreds, yep the article said hundreds.

These people are on their phones looking for pokemon.... They arent the guys who cause damage. Think of the new pokemon go craze as a positive. Think how many people this gets out of their house. The game has a huge part where you have to walk alot. Think of the positives in health :P i do agree that this can cause many problems. As people with heads down in phones or chasing things around on a road is not the safest. But if anything this should benefit AoA. And dont be worried about parks as most of these pokemon guys will only be parked for a minute or two before they go again :P

Wow. These young wipper snappers and there hippin and there hopping, pokephone wiz bangs. Get out of my public space before I wright a stern letter to my bridge partners who will call the council

I personally don't give a rats about the game, but when it comes to property protection which is the game I'm in I can already see the writing on the wall.

If anything i think this game will decrease grafitti and other bad habits at night. There is alot more people out at night now meaning more witnesses. Someone isnt gona do something illegal infront of a group of people. Even if they are chasing pokemon 😂

It's doing great things for businesses, lots of people out there buying dinner/snacks etc. in small local businesses while they're out

I don't play it but went out last night with friends who were trying to catch some pokemon and it's a great idea to get people outdoors and discovering places in their local area

But as always, there will be people whinging and complaining about things no matter what

Well I've taken over my son's game. I had to sign up for it since he's under 13, so why not? It is a bit of fun. Lots of walking around to incubate eggs. Think if you're using it the right way, then there's no problem.

I don't think that the players are going to have time to graffiti and litter. But there's always potential for someone to do the wrong thing.

Of course if anyone is having problems related to Pokestops or Pokegyms causing problems at their residence or business then they can report it to the game's creator Niantic Labs.

These locations were portals for a previous game by the same company, so there's been a bit of a test run.

Think AOA should put up a sign and cash in on some free exposure. There's a Pokemon Go Facebook page that the location can be noted on. There's even fish Pokemon that could be put on a sign. Why not? Libraries are hanging Pokemon at their doors if they are a stop.

Any jobs up at AoA? Would be perfect being right beside a gym while at work. Would probs get distracted 😂. Nah but donny you should seriously make a sign up for out the front 😂 If you need to i can probs try my work at photo editing and get your shop something if you guys cant. Would be amazing 😂