Sign in to follow this  
PANCAKE PRESCRIBER

Frustrated Eheim air pump

I already threw out the warranty.

Ok so despite the high price I thought I'd buy an 100 eheim air pump for the promise of a quiet air pump. After about 8 months the outlet was half of what it was so I took it apart today to see if I could see the trouble. Put it back together and blasted thing is a jack hammer and hardly works.

My advice to people is don't buy ehiem air pumps. Is this well known?

I would cut my losses and go for a pump like this one.

post-17630-14711635525786_thumb.jpg$40-$50

The eheim one looks like the marketing department had a field day and sacrificed looks for user serviceability. As with a lot of crap these days its all about repeat business and what better way to do that then have a pump that self destructs every 12 months and cant be fixed.

I Have a few tanks and went with something like this

post-17630-14711635525867_thumb.jpg$95

it's lot bigger and I got to say after repairing it 3 times (case cracked after dropping it so I glued it up with epoxy then the diaphragms got old and i replaced em with easy to get parts and the muffler/filter fell apart due to plastic cancer so I made a new one) so far its still kicking ass as good as the day I got it (about 10 years ago)

the tech den have some nice resun air pumps with metal outlets and are adjustable for noise levels. they are currently out of stock, so maybe google or ebay might be able to help out if you need it asap.

Sign in to follow this