Rotarmaster

Thinking about starting a tank no smaller than 2500 litres. Considering 10x4x3

Hellooo.. surprisingly after all the fuss my power bill wasnt so out of whack, but is noticeable by an extra 300 buks for the one extra tank. Iv seen some crazy red tails cats, can we get anything like snakeheads, also to be more precise is there a special dealer that sells just massive fish instead of the whole grow out wait? Thanks all

Hellooo.. surprisingly after all the fuss my power bill wasnt so out of whack, but is noticeable by an extra 300 buks for the one extra tank. Iv seen some crazy red tails cats, can we get anything like snakeheads, also to be more precise is there a special dealer that sells just massive fish instead of the whole grow out wait? Thanks all

Snakeheads are a noxious species and cop a fine of around $230,000. Not best to ask about such stuff on a public forum.

3000 litres isn't very big for 80cm+ sized fish but if you want a 3 foot deep tank, you should contact [MENTION=7490]ado_84[/MENTION] who is making big tanks at the moment.

Has he tested them over a period of time yet ???

You would have to discuss with Ado but when big fish and large volumes of water are involved, I'd prefer steel and acrylic over glass.

I watched a large fish turn suddenly at the end of a glass tank many years ago. The tank was well made (I built it) and glass was thick enough but the water pressure wave created just popped the tank side off effortlessly. I was lucky enough to see it happen in front of me or i wouldn't have believed it. I saved the fish but it took out a few other tanks as well.

3000 litres isn't very big for 80cm+ sized fish but if you want a 3 foot deep tank, you should contact [MENTION=7490]ado_84[/MENTION] who is making big tanks at the moment.

Hmmm I was wondering just how big a tank holds 3000 litres. So a 3 meter x 1 meter x 1 meter is 3000 litres. I wouldn't be comfortable keeping a 80cm fish in a 300cm long tank. I've always said minimum size tank for fish I keep should be at least 6 times max length of the fish long, and at least 2 times max length of the fish wide. So that's 480cm x 160cm x say 120cm high. Which is about 9216 litres which is a lot of water.

You would have to discuss with Ado but when big fish and large volumes of water are involved, I'd prefer steel and acrylic over glass.

I watched a large fish turn suddenly at the end of a glass tank many years ago. The tank was well made (I built it) and glass was thick enough but the water pressure wave created just popped the tank side off effortlessly. I was lucky enough to see it happen in front of me or i wouldn't have believed it. I saved the fish but it took out a few other tanks as well.

I agree with you there... But that's not what I ment.. I meant is the method used to seal said tank going to stand the test of time?.. Not that I think it won't I'm just curious

I agree with you there... But that's not what I ment.. I meant is the method used to seal said tank going to stand the test of time?.. Not that I think it won't I'm just curious

Dow Corning silicone has a 20 year warranty nowadays. If your ten foot glass tank fails then they will give you a brand new tube of silicone!

I think the rubber compound stuff Ado uses has an impressive warranty which lots of people have used with fish for many years but you would have to internet search and ask them.

Hmmm I was wondering just how big a tank holds 3000 litres. So a 3 meter x 1 meter x 1 meter is 3000 litres. I wouldn't be comfortable keeping a 80cm fish in a 300cm long tank. I've always said minimum size tank for fish I keep should be at least 6 times max length of the fish long, and at least 2 times max length of the fish wide. So that's 480cm x 160cm x say 120cm high. Which is about 9216 litres which is a lot of water.

Agreed ... 10,000 L is not a very big tank either for some fish.

Dow Corning silicone has a 20 year warranty nowadays. If your ten foot glass tank fails then they will give you a brand new tube of silicone!

I think the rubber compound stuff Ado uses has an impressive warranty which lots of people have used with fish for many years but you would have to internet search and ask them.

Nope it has no " warranty " only " customer satisfaction " soooo if it fails for any reason you get to ring and tell them your not very satisfied.... Yay