Man I hate stuff like this. These ads and people are why we have to hold onto our species of fish no matter how common to make sure they remain pure and strong. Before we know it every fish sold in shops will be a hybrid of some kind...

well @Stoney i've seen it all now... i might jump on these quickly they may just become the next craze :P.... hahaha

p.s i'm only joking, i'm amazed that people are degrading the once were pure lines of fish just like they have dogs and cats over the years because they see $$$ signs. Yet they're the first to whinge over lack of pure breeds or price of the pure strains that remain in circulation. Not to mention the line breeding that needs to be done to these animals to keep the nice pure strains or recreate them, it alters life spans and genetics.

[MENTION=18134]Caramels Fishy Friends[/MENTION] you better get in quick James at $2 a pop these things are priced to sell ☺

Unfortunately I am not amazed anymore at what people do.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

sadly they will be sold and the new owner will breed them and next minute they are called yellows or peacocks,

Same thing happened with Livingstoni and Venustus crosses a couple of years ago.

Guy was breeding everything together in a 6 x 2 x 2 and thought because it was definitely the livingstoni female he stripped there was no chance they had crossbred.

Northside lfs refused to buy the fry, so his answer was "no problem, I'll just sell them on gumtree", probably to somebody else who can't identify them as crossbred who will then breed them and sell them as livingstoni to somebody else who doesn't know any better and ad finitum.

Then these same "experts" will get on facebook and criticise somebody else selling true livingstoni because they look different to their own.

But isn't this exactly what we humans did to most dog species in the world. cross bred till we liked something and then bred that in the sure hope that other would find it interesting and buy it.

not suggesting it is either right or wrong or want to get into ethics, but, there are people whose attitude is : die hard, don't care, progress and change, in every community, in everything.

I was at the park the other day and a guy walking his small fluffy white terrier had dyed the ears and tail and sock of the animal pink. Ghastly, now certainly not genetics but I suspect he and many others would like, want and copy this. I was unable to reconcile with my own mind why I thought he should not be allowed to do that.

So my conclusions are - I feel your pain, but cannot agree with your sentiment - they absolutely have the right and their point of view is no more or less important in the world.

Please don't go gettting all upset and stuff, I am not looking to agree with or disagree with anyone, but be honest to my own point of view. I am an individual. :behindsofa:

Those fish look terrible. I don't see why people want to mix African species. There's pretty much any colour you want in an original species anyway that look a lot better. It's worse with Americans, like these stupid moo cow fens and mixing different Americans. I have a flowerhorn and I love it but I'd never go mixing it with any pure Americans like some people do. Very difficult to get a pure Synsipillum lately with nice colour aswell(if anyone has nice pure syns near goldcoast let me know :)

Edited by grokzy

Sorry guys, but these fish are NOT unappealing to my eye.

I do not mean to disagree that work needs to be done to keep species lines pure, nor do i disagree that unscrupulous amatuer or accidental breeders may try to make money out of this.

But, i find these fish interesting looking. And just to mix things up.....without diversification and evolution, nothing will survive loooooooong term. cockroaches excluded.

Sorry guys, but these fish are NOT unappealing to my eye.

I do not mean to disagree that work needs to be done to keep species lines pure, nor do i disagree that unscrupulous amatuer or accidental breeders may try to make money out of this.

But, i find these fish interesting looking. And just to mix things up.....without diversification and evolution, nothing will survive loooooooong term. cockroaches excluded.

Bahahaha trust you to disagree hehe I love it 👿