If we do not listen to our members. We have heard the issues with the current platform and the upload of photos in particular.

Hence QLDAF is on the move. Webmaster and his side kick, the masked IT have selected and lined up a change of forum software.

The move will commence on Sunday 14th. please save any important PM's as we will probably not be able to move those. we will be down for two days .........maybe more.

There are a number of advantages, including picture upload. standby and hopefully we will all make it to the other side.

Thanks,

Steve

No question that migration from one to another is never easy. I have never heard of a migration that took everything across. There seems to always be loss or compromise.

I hope you protect the stickies closely, the really must have info and knowledge.

Wishing your team success

Hence QLDAF is on the move....

The move will commence on Sunday 13th. please save any important PM's...

Thanx very much for the "heads-up".

I've taken this opportunity to back up the GPG adventures by saving them as 'html' files.

I once lectured at QUT for ERP software (a few years ago), and the only thing I required the students to really learn was the following...

"Backup, backup, backup"

Regards,

Grover

We have tested and had a look at the new platform. It looks good.

We "should" have no issues other than PM's.

Webby and the masked IT dude are carrying the weight, but it is also a large cost for our owners. We are lucky to have there support and the ongoing support of the sponsors.

How do you back up or export PM's?

I just did this so will take a stab at directions.

At the very top of the window select the Notifications -> Inbox dropdown to open your PMs

In the coloured title bar above the list of Inbox messages RHS there is a checkbox that will select ALL messages in the folder, or there is a checkbox on each post so you can manually check just the ones you want to keep.

At the bottom under the list of messages there is a dropdown "Selected Messages (x)" that you click on to open a list of actions for the selected messages that includes "Download as TXT", "Download as CSV" and for the true geeks "Download as XML" (I'd pick Download as TXT). Save the file you download on your computer.

The PMs can then be read on your computer in other software - I doubt there will be any mechanism to restore them to the new forum software so you'll be starting clean in the new forum, and refer to the file you saved for reference as needed.

Go !

The Masked IT Dude !

Go you good thing!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75438[/ATTACH]

Let those fabulous flying fingers fling forth the fullness of a new QLDAF!

:typing:

hah... so good. :rofl:

I have a little problem uploading pics from time to time but I'm sure its my crapy phones fault. I hope the layout of the page won't change to much as its one of the best around. At 11.59 on the 12th let's all hold our breath and hope for the best...

At 11.59 on the 12th let's all hold our breath and hope for the best...

Strictly no need. Just stick your tounge out @m 30 degrees, down and to the left. Then hit enter.

Works every time - tried and tested.

Strictly no need. Just stick your tounge out @m 30 degrees, down and to the left. Then hit enter.

Works every time - tried and tested.

Absolutely, must have the tongue out, works every time.