jimbozed

A lesson learned

He who buys cheap buys twice..?

no one mentioned 'he who buys cheap has dead fish.. 8O

i had a cheapo china power head fail today (major burn out), blew the breaker on the power board and shut down my display tank.

by the time i got home and realised, i had lost my gun elec blue male and looks like i might loose two adult humpheads.

im always telling people to buy quality pumps, i will listen to myself next time.

thats no good george! sorry to hear that mate..

it always happens at the worst time too.

but unfotunately even the good quality brand name pumps break. i use atleast 2 filters in all my tanks so when one dies theres something backing it up..

good luck with the humpheads!!

sorry to hear that george i to have lost a tank full of fish mysell by a ill fitting air hose came off a sponge filter and when i found it i had lot the whole tank and yes two filters is a good idea i have thought about doing that myself just the money factor

mark

George,

Get yourself a UPS to back up your air pump. it will run the air pump for at least 8 hours or so depending on the size. For about $350, it's cheap insurance. The battery in it will last at least 2 years and to replace the batteries, it'll cost you about $70-80.

I too learnt the same lesson years ago.

Cheers,

dan

Well looks like my fish room is heading for a brake down then

Most of my stuff I got on the cheep side but U get what can aford some times

Had a power head just stop the other day lucky It was just to move the water around

But I run air stones as well as spray bars where i can so

That give me a bit of a back up if one or the other going belly up

Roo