Sign in to follow this  
smicko

Can we keep red rinned blue eyes

I am looking for some small native fish to go into a pond (8 person spa) i know the red fins are critically endangered in the wild but im not sure whether they are available in the trade.

My search for honeys last year failed it seems that the people that have them either dont like sharing or i need to join angfa to qualify so red fons are the next favourite. 

If i cant get red fins could someone hook me up with some honeys or suggest something else small, colourful and native. I already have pacific  blue eyes so something different would be great.

Cheers mick 

Mick why not try some P. Gertrudae or Tennelis available from Aquagreen and they do well in outside ponds, maybe Grubby can help you out, he was breeding last summer but not sure how successful his program was. Could even try some dwarf rainbows, Papuae, Gracilis,etc even Rhads all do well in ponds.

I probably should of thought of grubby, he had some nice blue eyes last year.

If i was to get into the club scene angfa is where i would start but I'm not sure if i could make it to the meetings or be useful in the other activities they do.

Cheers mick 

I have considered the nsw option but im the kind of unlucky bastard that would be made an example of so i would prefer to obtain them the legal way.

Its a stupid law, i think that if they are readily available there would be less chance of people trying to catch them than if they are hard to get.

Cheers mick