Alibi

It looked big, now looks not as impressive

I have finally started up my new 5x2x2 after it sitting in the garage for the last year looking all lonely, when I first bought it home it looked massive as it is an upgrade from a 180L tank.  Now its set up and I've been looking (more like staring at it) everyday it doesn't look as big as it once was and am now imagining what I would have been like if I had of gone the 6ft lol.

After seeing some of the real giant tanks owned by people on here does it happen to you guys too?  Does your once massive  tank now seem  small compared to how it once seemed and you keep dreaming of bigger?  Now roll on the innuendo's  (this is a very serious topic ok lol).

a mate had a 5 foot cube of star fire glass and a swimming pool with marines in it as well, oh and with the best and latest gear, 120 grand all up, always had probs like white spot or what ever, my 2 foot by 16 by 17inches tank never had a hassles like those?

Since means nothing much ,how well you keep your pets is the thing to strive for!

Back when I would compete with others and mates on tank sizes, the largest I made, as I worked my way up over 20 years, was ten feet, so what!

A few years ago I bought myself a 7x2.5x3 (LxWxH) and thought it was huge, but then I started seeing 10ft and even 12ft tanks being shown off and all of a sudden my tank went from being huge to just "bigger than average."

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

Now roll on the innuendo's  

I'd love a have a bigger one, but I'm just not sure if it would actually fit?

Yep know them feels. I look between my 8x2x2 and 6x18x18... and wonder why i keep the tiny 6ft... then after visiting a mate with a 12x4x3... i wonder why i even went with something so minuscule as a 8x2x2..... 

But I agree, it's not the size, but what you do with it boys..... and girls.

Put tiny fish in a big tank, makes the tank look bigger. Add 30cm plus fish to any tank and your outta space real quick ;)

20161026_142538.jpg

story of my life, started keeping fish when i was 12 currently have a 6x3x2 and selling the whole set up to start a 10x4x3. Honestly only being 21 im scared to the future and how large the addiction will grow

1 hour ago, Colin95 said:

story of my life, started keeping fish when i was 12 currently have a 6x3x2 and selling the whole set up to start a 10x4x3. Honestly only being 21 im scared to the future and how large the addiction will grow

Bit of advice

Don't buy a house with a swimming pool....

:)

I was in the Masonry industry for years and always promised myself i would do a room sized aquaruim out of concrete blocks, never did quite get around to it ,too old for that now, but am more than happy with my in wall discus tank ,

and the missus is happy !!

Size doesn't matter

Size does mattet when u get addicted to hoarding fish, and wen one tank isnt big enuf to house the community of fish u want. Then its time to upgrade. 

I honestly think of converting the pool into a pond all the time. A cousin of mine turned his in ground pool into a fr3sh water pond full of natives. He had everything u can catch at forest lake in there and as kids Wed sit in the second floor balcony fishing for striped,  banded grunters. 

17 hours ago, Rotarmaster said:

Size does mattet when u get addicted to hoarding fish, and wen one tank isnt big enuf to house the community of fish u want. Then its time to upgrade. 

I honestly think of converting the pool into a pond all the time. A cousin of mine turned his in ground pool into a fr3sh water pond full of natives. He had everything u can catch at forest lake in there and as kids Wed sit in the second floor balcony fishing for striped,  banded grunters. 

Wow!

I will be sure to talk to dad about that >:)

i put barra in my pool, they did survive but didn't grow much over winter, would have loved to see the difference in the warmer months, tasted like crap anyway except for the ones we purged in salt water they were nice