GS

Went to Smith's at Boondal Today

Drove over to Boondal today to have a browse around Smiths.

Major refurb underway by the looks of it.

I think they are closed for a couple more weeks. Will be interested to see how it turns out.

New owners????

They were certainly doing good deals prior to the temporary closure so Mark wouldn't have to take 1000s of fish home while the renovations were on. :lol:

He informed me his range of Africans was going to increase significantly with more efficient tank configurations and sizes.

I bought my first fish from there so I certainly have a sentimental connection with the store.

yer i like smiths as well havent been there in a long long time probably over 10 years now if not more but i all ways plan to go back over just havent made it the reopening just might be enough reason too :lol::lol:

i also used to have a mate and his brother that helped out there from time to time for bill wonder what they are doing now :lol::lol:

anyways mark i am sure is still running a great shop

i also loved that shop when Bill was there (havent been back over in a while). Purchased my first Lake Tanganyikan cichlid from Bills shop, a Lepidiolamprologus elongatus, which i saw for the first time earlier that day at the Queensland pet and aquarium expo

Ya it has been a good shop

So It can only get better

BUt I see Bill Smith has moved on to a now project

He Is helping set up a nother pet shop at Lawnton

Its only going to have like 27 tanks with fish

And probly a lot of stuff to cover all your pets I have heard

So I will keep you posted when its all set up and when its going to open

Roo