Sign in to follow this  
mrzeby

WTF is it with PICS

I rely don't get the time wasters asking for pics on fish these days 

Especially with common fish ? 

Go to google you will get 1000+ pics rely ?

for breeders its hard and most times a waste of time to get pics .. in fact most times it disturbs the adults or fish + the fact that some of us are crappy pic takers

really if the fish in question is not rare or a chance of x breed please don't ask for a pic 

GOOGLE IT 

my 2 c 

SEB 

What if the breeder has shite quality stock??? you google a fish and it's a pic from overseas were there blood lines ain't washed out or X'ed so you then bye the fish off the seller he/she bags em up you drive to meet them with your money..... what's this shitty looking thing dosent look like the google image!!!! You trying to rip me off bla blah fukn blah.... well what do u know more time wasted...... if you don't want to take pics that's fine but a crap Load of people wont think twice with out pics.... after all  "a picture says a thousand words " aye 

If someone can't be bothered taking pics - I wouldn't even consider buying their fish. Doesn't have to be pics of actual fingerlings for sale - but at least parents or fish same bloodline but older. Find this a bizarre thread. There are more crap fish out there than good - why wouldn't any discerning buyer want photos??!

Online shopping is the way the world is heading and fish keeping is no different. If you stand in your local aquarium store and watch how many people have a look at various fish and then don't buy anything or perhaps one or two fish then that will give you an idea of how many times you need to show photos before someone decides to buy something.

You could text pics to each query but positing them online once is a bit easier for seller and potential buyers. 

Time wasting is why most people keep fish... take it as a compliment. 

What i would like to make note is this:

I should have stated more common breeds ... most are the same convicts, guppies, Bnose, etc etc really they are all about the same

Definition of quality is also a cloudy one - I would prefer to say in good condition or not 

If you buy $500 fish just on a pic your crazy - you must view in person or have a friend that knows what they are looking at to buy for you

I tell you that i know many great breeders that will NOT disturb fish to take pics - you buy from them because of reputation 

we got a little off the subject - but good to see different points of view 

SEB 

@mrzeby

I compare it to online shopping, imagine if they didn't have the pictures. Selling with just descriptions. You would get the name of said couch and google it. And upon pickup you would expect it to look exactly like the photo.. as they didn't provide one.. 

or someone selling puppies.. Black poodle.. try googling that one :D Get my drift..  

what Im trying to say.. 

Lots of fish have different colourations/growth depending on food/water quality and even lighting. Even commons! Slight rips in fins, a slightly larger fish than the rest. Its all information a good fish keeper should be looking at.  

Plus its always good to know what your buying EXACTLY.  

just my 2cents.. Im a Peppermint BN and German White Tail Tuxedo Breeder (trying Discus..) but I always update with photos of what the new offspring looks like and what is actually up for sale. 

21 hours ago, danfishy84 said:

I don't even look at a for sale thread that lacks pictures.

Yep!

No pictures in an ad then what is the point of buying?

This will be different for each person but most of the fish and equipment I buy on the forum I am travelling hours away to purchase and collect them (I'm sure many others do the same) not to mention I am not old enough to drive so usually need dad to give me a lift. So if we travel all that way only to find out the fish are not quality. Then oh well there goes up to 4h travel up and back of possible study, homework or assignment time for school in my case...

Had the seller provided a picture of said fish/equipment I could have decided whether or not to travel and therefore not thrown away hours of my time.

The only time people should buy without pics is If it is a person they trust or is a reputable breeder.

It is like being told to buy an item of clothing blindfolded. You know what it is but not what it looks like...

Yeah I've asked someone in Brisbane for pics of fish who stated they would only meet at the front door with fish pre-bagged.  Wouldn't send pictures, but referred to some imgur pictures from 5 years ago they took saying it's the blood line.  I was after pics of the fry, and direct breeding colony as it's a breed that isn't quite right in certain areas at the moment... (red empress).

At least take recent pics.  In the end, didn't bother with them.

its so easy to supply pictures and Unborn Fetus could manage to do it, never in my life did I ever have a situation where "disturbing" the fish was even thought about ;)

if that was even a concern, you would never walk into your fishroom lol

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:38 PM, mrzeby said:

I rely don't get the time wasters asking for pics on fish these days 

Especially with common fish ? 

Go to google you will get 1000+ pics rely ?

for breeders its hard and most times a waste of time to get pics .. in fact most times it disturbs the adults or fish + the fact that some of us are crappy pic takers

really if the fish in question is not rare or a chance of x breed please don't ask for a pic 

GOOGLE IT 

my 2 c 

SEB 

my fish hide when the camera goes in. not easy with my lot.

U wanna sell me a fish with no pictures???  ez, I'll buy ur fish with no money hahahha.  

My 2 dollars and some change. 

Random quote (if ur parents didnt have children...  chances are u won't either.)

Edited by Rotarmaster
Forgot to state quote. Might be read as insult.

Sign in to follow this