I went to my local aquarium shop today, and saw some of the rainbows they had for sale,  and have decided that instead of goldfish, I'd love to get some rainbows, esp  Macculloch's rainbow "Skull Creek" ,Western rainbow and Checkered rainbow "Flat Rock Creek" . The staff were very helpful and the assistant even got a book and showed me pictures of the fish when they had coloured up, to give me an idea of what they would look like 8O.  Who would have thought ( not I anyways ) that such dull fish would have such beautiful colours.

Rainbows truly are beautiful fish. Underrated in Australia but funnily enough - hugely sought after overseas! @Fantail if you'd like to get large fully coloured Rainbows I have several species available in large adult size with breathtaking colours. Can ship to your door and the prices are very cheap. Cheers

4 hours ago, dinoaus said:

Looking to add some colour to my tank. Currently have a 300L tank with 4 Yoyo Loaches and 2  Siamese Algae eaters. Would Rainbows do OK in this tank?

hi dinoaus, would go well in there no probs.

cheers

mick