gingerbeer

Gingerbeer to step down

It is time for me to step down as Admin.  This is not a decision I take lightly as I take a lot of pleasure from this forum and the moderation and sponsor team. 

The reason is simply as I am unable to spend the time that this forum deserves.  I had a view to have a good Auction this month, and then step down in the new year, but my timetable is preventing me from doing what I aim to do for this forum. 

I am not going anywhere and you will still find me here.  QLDAF remains an incredible resource made of member generated content over a lot of years.  Today's admin are custodians for the future. 

A long time ago I was told never waste a good resignation.  With that in mind. 

I am calling out Redland Pet Centre, @Russ  You took over the forum in a difficult time of unrest, and lots of allegations were made as to why you bought the forum.  All have proven unfounded over many years now.  The Christmas gatherings at Redlands are the thing of legend, and the deals offered on this forum were amazing.  Come out the shadow.  You are a star and a legend for your support of the hobby, proven over the years of investment without an expectation of return. 

I wish to thank all the admin, owners and mods I have served with.  @bristlenosejohn for first having faith in me, @Peter for his confidence and guidance, @webmaster and @Russ for there trust. 

There have been many mods who have made time for this forum, and I thank you all without exception. 

It is time for a new chapter.  I look forward to the next year with a continued involved sponsors, and admin team to build this forum. 

Thankyou all. 

Steve

I understand the part finding it difficult to be able to give the position the "volunteered" time you would like to as I found the same. There are ups and downs and in most cases more ups. Well done on the effort you put in - thanks for the time that you have given. There is little reward but then that is not the reason why you took on the role. I am sure it is not the end and probably best explained as - retired - not out.

@Gingerbeer - you have always been awesome to deal with, decisions have been fair and you will be sorely missed.  I hope whoever gets appointed in your stead will be at least as good as you.  I for one would NEVER take on the role as I have been there and done that (on a different sort of site).

Sad to hear but life still goes on...............This just means you will have more time to play around with your tanks.:beer:

Thank you for giving up your free time to make sure the forum runs smoothly.

Thank you gingerbeer you have done an amazing job and gone above and beyond in your dedication and the copious time you've invested in the forum. Your input over the years has been incredibly valuable and your level headed way of dealing with situations that have arisen has served the forum well. I want to wish you all the very best as you transition out of this role and I am very glad you will still be around as a member :) It has been a pleasure working with you and I cannot express how very grateful I am for all you've done.
You have certainly left some big shoes to fill!!

Which leads me to my next thought.......

Who will be our next admin? If any member wishes to nominate themselves or has a suggestion for someone they  think would be great for this role please PM me :)

@gingerbeer

I would like to know who you think could carry on in your place. If you dont want to say that publicly i totally understand but you over see pretty much all the activity as admin (and seriously done well IMHO since i have been here). So you probably have a better idea than any of us who would keep this place going in the great direction the owner/admin/staff team have it going in. All the best GB. I am sure you have earned a chance to take a step back and enjoy. 

Cheers

11 hours ago, ageofaquariums said:

I nominate TechDen!

Thanks for the compliment but have been there and done that - and while the position requires some considerable volunteered time (which was the main reason why I was unable to continue being a Mod) I would highly recommend anyone with a genuine interest to offer a helping hand. A word of warning there will be times that you are unappreciated, or considered your opinion is less than worthy, but in the big picture in all it is something that I considered very worthwhile and giving back to the hobby and highly recommend others having a crack at. All in all it is something that I look back on fondly and glad I was given the opportunity to have an input on. Gingerbeer is someone that gave a valiant effort to the position and I for one will appreciate the time and effort that he gave freely.

gingerbeer has left very very big boots to fill, 

i should remind you all that serious names be pmed to webmaster as requested, 

while you are all throwing names around please remember you can also nominate yourself, 

and as techy said, 

2 hours ago, The Tech Den said:

A word of warning there will be times that you are unappreciated, or considered your opinion is less than worthy,

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Slipshodman said:

@gingerbeer

I would like to know who you think could carry on in your place. If you dont want to say that publicly i totally understand but you over see pretty much all the activity as admin (and seriously done well IMHO since i have been here). So you probably have a better idea than any of us who would keep this place going in the great direction the owner/admin/staff team have it going in. All the best GB. I am sure you have earned a chance to take a step back and enjoy. 

Cheers

There are many great members who could in my view.  When we took the roles there was a bit of a generational change and it injected energy.  As time passes, it gets hard.  I would like to see an injection of new energy from people who are enthusiastic about the whole hobby, being forums and clubs and stores, and especially for this forum and the history it represents. 

I look forward to seeing who it is, and hope I am surprised and excited by what they do. 

Steve