Sign in to follow this  
Banshee777

Green Terror or not???? Please help a poor soul

After having African cichlids for a while this was my first step into trying some Americans. I picked up 6 x 'Green Terrors' on the weekend from a bloke on the Gold Coast who was moving them quickly due to a broken tank. They're in their new tank and enjoying life but on closer inspection I'm not sure that they are Green Terrors at all. They have no colour on the edge of their fins, a black band running through their eye, and the mouth structure looks a little strange as if they have a pronounced underbite.

Here's a pic below if anyone can help with confirming if they are Green Terrors or hybrids or something else (Geophagus Brasiliensis???). 

Green Terror..maybe.jpg

Whilst I agree with the above - shape is off for a brasiliensis - I'd like to see other photos as based on that one pic - I'd be inclined to say hybrid Brazil x ? Head hump and mouth are wrong too. May be riviulatus x but I can almost see Red Hump in there.. is it just me?

319.jpg

057a.jpg

On 12/20/2016 at 10:05 AM, none said:

Whilst I agree with the above - shape is off for a brasiliensis - I'd like to see other photos as based on that one pic - I'd be inclined to say hybrid Brazil x ? Head hump and mouth are wrong too. May be riviulatus x but I can almost see Red Hump in there.. is it just me?

319.jpg

057a.jpg

Tend to agree with nones' surmation!!!!!

Sign in to follow this