Sign in to follow this  
Kds

Anyone have a Grindal Worm starter culture?

Hello all,

I apologise if this is the wrong section for this post - I'm not sure if you guys would classify Live Food Cultures under the "Aquatic Life" section :-P

Just wondering if anyone here has a Grindal worm culture going at the moment that I can get a starter culture from? Can't seem to find any on the internet. Happy to pay for freight if they will arrive alive.

I know white worms are readily available but not sure they'd breed here in FNQ (generally over 20 C).

Cheers,

Kae

I'm in the same boat, also in T-Vill. i have found 1 website that sells starters though. however i'm not going to name them as they are not a sponsor. bit of a trick to filter out all the overseas websites in google, in tools change from any country to australia. i have been reluctant to get them as of yet for fear they won't make the trip through summer but plan on it when things cool down.

17 hours ago, pat258147369 said:

I'm in the same boat, also in T-Vill. i have found 1 website that sells starters though. however i'm not going to name them as they are not a sponsor. bit of a trick to filter out all the overseas websites in google, in tools change from any country to australia. i have been reluctant to get them as of yet for fear they won't make the trip through summer but plan on it when things cool down.

I've sourced some from a lad in WA, hopefully getting them shipped over next week. Will let you know if they survive the heat here!

17 hours ago, pat258147369 said:

I've sourced some from a lad in WA, hopefully getting them shipped over next week. Will let you know if they survive the heat here!

On 16/02/2017 at 1:07 PM, Kds said:

Hey mate.

How'd you get on with the grindals?

I am trying to chase up a small culture. Would be keen of anyone can help me out!

Cheers Jonce

Sign in to follow this