xysti53

Q.F.A.S. Super Auctions.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Auction is on tomorrow night 21/4/2018 at Springwood or not? ive got a heap of dry goods id be interested in bringing along
I did see it on facebook. You can start taking things in from i think 4 till 6.30 and auction starts at 6pm.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Was it anyone from the forum that ended up buying the other 2 caquetaia spectabilis on Saturday night, I hope they went to someone who will breed them if by freak chance it’s a male and female, I won the bid and foolishly only got one because I had limited cash and went there hoping for for other species,  and seeing as it was a completely blind bidding with no idea what’s going to come up I let them slip through my fingers, a decision that’s been eating away at me from about 10mins after I made it, if someone from here did pick them up and would consider selling them pm me regarding price

cheers

it was not the best one iv been to

pic of fish would come up after the bidding had finished 

I did the same with the blue Severum  didn't bid and when I got home I wished I did

but its to late now but next time 

Yea if I’m dead honest it was a mega let down for me, never been to one before and it didn’t live up to my expectations, I’ll give the cichlid society auction in May a chance, they need to plan the night out better, blind auctions with no idea what’s available on the night to me is ridiculous, should be able to view everything before proceedings start, and there had better not be any guppies at the cichlid society auction in May that would draw the line for me lol

Things usually run a bit better, 

there usually is a lot of plants and driftwood at the auctions that arent fish only 

the cichlid club one should be good 

my only complaint is i bid in some male killifish that were suppose to be australe gold and i got golden fulamentosum

just as well i lost my 2 big males in the last 2 weeks so i didnt bother complaining as i needed them anyway

Yeah looking forward to the fish auction in May too. I thought you were able to walk up and see the fish if you were unsure on the species/type? Mind you I haven’t been for a few years.

I was sure the person that was selling them had them named right..so didnt think i needed to check.just looked at them from above to see they were all swimming..more fool me but anyway im not complaining really  i needed the males anyway

On 24/04/2018 at 8:02 AM, MaxVengeance said:

Was it anyone from the forum that ended up buying the other 2 caquetaia spectabilis on Saturday night, I hope they went to someone who will breed them if by freak chance it’s a male and female, I won the bid and foolishly only got one because I had limited cash and went there hoping for for other species,  and seeing as it was a completely blind bidding with no idea what’s going to come up I let them slip through my fingers, a decision that’s been eating away at me from about 10mins after I made it, if someone from here did pick them up, name your price, they deserve to be more abundant in the hobby, 

cheers

Smiths Aquarium has them if that helps

10 hours ago, borntobreed said:

Smiths Aquarium has them if that helps

I do remember seeing them in there a while ago, from memory they were pretty pricey, which is fair given their rarity,  it was a unicorn opportunity to have a slight chance at growing out a pair from the 3 without forking out big dollars, who knows they could all be males or all females, the fact I had the highest bid at something like $22-$24 with little resistance just had me thinking perhaps the other person didn’t really know what they were, and bid based on the fact it was mentioned they are from the same family as umbees, and given a substantial offer they might be willing to let them go, if all else fails when the time is right I may just have to get them from smiths, cheers for helping out mate,

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, MaxVengeance said:

Yea if I’m dead honest it was a mega let down for me, never been to one before and it didn’t live up to my expectations, I’ll give the cichlid society auction in May a chance, they need to plan the night out better, blind auctions with no idea what’s available on the night to me is ridiculous, should be able to view everything before proceedings start, and there had better not be any guppies at the cichlid society auction in May that would draw the line for me lol

Guess you better stay home then.

30 minutes ago, The Guppy Guy said:

Guess you better stay home then.

Well it is a “cichlid” society is it not? Last time I checked guppies weren’t cichlids mate, I’m sure their will be heaps tho, I’m just hoping the ratio of cichlid to guppies  is a little more in favour of cichlids at this particular event

@joller Seeing the prices they went for it seems guppies have somewhat of a cult following within the hobby, bidding wars and all, some people are pretty serious about guppies, one pair, pair... went for $50, while some species of less common cichlids and L numbers went for dirt cheap and most of the punters there showed little interest, sure there’s some fancy guppies out there, and I commend the people developing those lines, but they would just about have to poop 24 carat gold for me to spend that much on them, I can’t really take them seriously, but to each there own, would be boring if everyone was into the same stuff