Sign in to follow this  
shrimpo

what fish did you buy this week,

just thought it might be cool to let others know what fish you have just added to your tank, could be a weekly topic or just when ever you buy a new fish i know im always excited.. i got a bristle nose pair :laugh:

does 2 weeks ago count :lol:

well i bought these throughout the 2 weeks

7 cyprichormis leptosoma

6 black calvus

2 julidochromis

6 common BN

2 humphead (lionhead cichlids)

4 brichardi

added them to my 11 tropheus bemba orange and 3 cuckoo catfish

took out the brichardi last night since they spawned, i was really frustrated since catching them took 3 hours!, i had to take out the 90 pieces of rock from my tank

mirage

thats 1 of the cruellest things you can do to the fish

how and why ???

i have seen it a fair few times at weddings when i helped run them at a venue where we did 45 weddings a year people think its funny to add beer rum and wine to the bowl they r kept in drip candle wax in them drop food in them "feeding" them coz they look hungry

you name it ive seen it done even seen a guy order 2 double tequila shots and hit 1 shot grabbed the poor fish swallow it then had the other shot i tried to stop it but was unable to stop it but i won the debate when i threw his drunken ass out of the building for being to drunk and abusive to my staff

you have the best of intentions i know that as do all the brides and grooms that did the fish in a vase on a table but nearly all said to me at the end of the night i wish i had listened to you and the function manager about how people will treat the fish

if you do decide to go ahead with it please for the fish use a sealed/seal-able vase

oh i got some lf common bn's today

I wish I could add something here..... but the misses glared at me when I said I was going for a drive today (normally means I am going to buy something). So I came home with a dog toy instead, which buy the way has already been destroyed.

Large male Red Devil 35cm

Large female Red Devil 30cm

Large male Gold Saum 20cm

my pairs are now almost complete

Thalion - your not going for a drive your going to bunnings to get something for the house, works every time :) :) :)

The boyfriend n I in a combined effort bought a trio of royal whiptails, trio peps, cherry shrimp a plenty and some orange spot bn.

This hobby is VERY ADDICTIVE but loving it(well till the money runs out) hehe

Corydoras Sterbai

I bought 8 Corydoras Sterbai, 6 of which are full grown, 2 are small.

who could have known as soon as i put them in my tank they spawned eggs every where i have poped them into the egg tumbler hope it works out got about 30 eggs i would guess... there in a community 4ftr with 13 panda corys full grown, shame they wont lay some eggs...

30 Black Comet Goldfish - these will be hard to come by as they aren't going to be imported anymore.

Ken, do you mind if I ask where you got these?

Hey Raff, got them from where I work. City Farmers Browns Plains. Trying to order another lot for this week so if you want any I can put them aside.

Here is what they look like. I've asked on lots of Forums to learn more about the strain but coming up against brick walls other then only 1 wholesaler has them left and then thats all. Very Happy with my 30 and they seem to be keeping together in groups amongst the other 80 or so larger goldfish.

bought 6 maingano 3m-3f

3 yellows 1m-2f

breeding pair of red forest jewels

1ft black shark (showpiece of tank.)

thick lip gourami (m)

gold gourami (f)

absolutley stoked with this weekends purchases, except now im broke.. lol

this fish stuff is bloody addictive ay..

This is sort of over the last week and a half

5x Geophagus Araguaia Orange Head

6x Bolivian Butterfly's

10x Corydorus Panda

30x Lemon Tetra

16x Penguin Tetra

5x Silvertip Tetra

4x Rummynose Tetra

4x Golden Pencilfish

And tonnes of food and an FX5, driftwood, etc

I think I'm an addict haha

gz GOAT i thought i was hooked, but u went crazy.. lol