Welcome to QLD Aquarium Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
underwaterpets

Good camera to use

3 posts in this topic

What is a good (takes good pics and is EASY to use) camera for taking pics of the fish?

Nothing outrageously expensive but I definitely want it to do a good job! Thanks for any and all advice. There are some amazing people taking amazing pictures on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is outrageously expensive ?

I have a Nikon D7000 and I use a Tamron 90mm Macro lens , ( I have macro shots of very small fry < 5mm taken with that combo on this forum somewhere - that hit the limit of the hardware but worked out ok )

Lighting is the big problem I use 2 chinese Flash units ( Yongnuo or something like that ) bought 3 cheap off ebay 1 failed 6 months in . the other 2 still going good .

I have a Canon 70d with a 60mm macro , but the Nikon is easier to use for that purpose .

The Nikon with the lens should cost well under $1000

but most decent quality cameras will get a decent shot if the lighting is ok .

Nikon have a cash back offer at the moment, bought a entry level Nikon dslr at good guys for $549 with lens, with then $100 cash back from Nikon, so ended up being $449. Jb at the exact one for $699 so it pays to price shop.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0