Sign in to follow this  
fishy100

What fish can I have with angelfish?

I can tell you what I have in the tank with my angels.

Discus

Peppermint bristlenose

Blue rams

Rummynose tetra

Pristella tetra

Black neon tetra

Bettas (1M+1F)   There were more F, but M didn't like them.

heres part of a fish compatability chart

green is good tankmates

orange is caution 

red is disasterous

discus can and often do go well with angels but it can end badly as angels feed much faster than discus do and can mean they dont get the food they require 

Screenshot_20190213-135654_Samsung Internet.jpg

True, angels are pigs.  Tip to get the discus to eat - scatter the food widely across the aquarium, don't just dump it all in one spot.

Having said that, when I stick a couple of dried blackworm cubes on the glass, it's the discus that sit there eating them.

On 13/02/2019 at 2:02 PM, billfish said:

heres part of a fish compatability chart

green is good tankmates

orange is caution 

red is disasterous

discus can and often do go well with angels but it can end badly as angels feed much faster than discus do and can mean they dont get the food they require 

Screenshot_20190213-135654_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think this chart is crap. According to this you can keep angels with barbs ( they will actually eat the angel's fins) but shouldn't keep them with south american cichlids. You can keep angels with quite a lot of south american cichlids. This chart is not even close to reality. I suggest you look for fish you like and then do a more detailed research to see if they are compatible. I keep angels along with geophagus, sterbai corys and whiptail cats. No problems here at all.

Agreed, didn't pay much attention to this chart before, but it has Angels & Bettas RED - works perfectly well, should be GREEN.  Angels & Discus are RED - should be ORANGE at worst.  It also suggest you can keep plants with Africans - well, I'm giving it a go, and it's bloody hard work!!

Sign in to follow this