mungor

This doesn't happen with freshwater...

How the heck does Coral and water cause a reaction?

I've never kept a reef tank, so I am honestly not sure how that would have any impact at all? aren't corals meant to be in water?

someone please explain this to me :-/

yes it would.

Its funny hey, that part of the salt we take out to use, keeps marine life alive while bound with sodium and the ocean jam packed with life.

The lakes as such that many of your cichlids come from were oceans once and quite diverse, but with out salt, that much diversity did not remain.

The ocean is the most diverse part of our world due to the salt and of course just like the jungle with heaps of life, also comes many dangerous things.

The ocean is all about kill or be killed, with us as well when we go out there.

Its very pretty out there, but when you look closely, that's what its all about, death!

My fav is a certain sea urchin I had not seen before, at a reasonable depth this day, I took a pic of it and touched it with my non gloved hand.

They also have tendrils like anemones, those tendrils stinging cells contain a usually fatal toxin, as it took hold I initially rushed to shallower waters and just laid there as I went through it all not knowing what the hell was going on, but I couldn't move.

Having the ocean at home can be risky, I don't keep zoas, I did again for a while some years back due to others interests, but due to the fact many hold enough toxin in each to kill 20 adult humans let alone constantly poisoning the tank slightly keeping the hobbies potential result low, so if you are not careful and remain informed, the hobby can be risky, but that is also part of why the hobby if done well and the ocean, are so beautiful.