Welcome to QLD Aquarium Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Matt White

Dosing Iron for Anubius in breeding rack with PLECO'S,

4 posts in this topic

Hi there I'm in need of some help I have multi tank setup into sump with catfish in each tank,also have plants and mosses, My Anubius are pale and yellow colour so wondering if and how much IRON  is safe for fish. Rather kill Anubius than my breeding pairs and trios. Never dosed any ferts in breeding tanks before! Thanks for any advice.

Some anubias is pale green in colour eg: Anbias Frilly var. 

Before you go dosing please put quick pic up so anubias can be identified.

No amount of fertiliser will make it dark green some varieties are naturally light pale green.

johnbetta and ageofaquariums like this

Correct. We need pictures to confirm any further. If the leaves are faded but the veins are still dark its more likely a magnesium deficiency. Chasing individual deficiencies can be very frustrating and often the best course of action is a nutrient reset, as in ~ big water change, fertz redose with a complete mix.

A good resource for identifying deficiencies apparent on aquarium plant leaves is ~> http://deficiencyfinder.com/

Another good tool is looking at which algae are doing well in the aquarium. Algae are usually related to ratio imbalances in the water, so provide good clues.

johnbetta likes this