Mitch74

What Size Tank?

Hi all I have 9 Frontosa Juvies in a 5x2x2.5 but am going to upgrade soon. But cant decide if I should go for a 6x2x2 or 6x2x2.5. Some opinions greatly appreciated. Cheers

20170420_085606.jpg

Edited by Mitch74

Lets face it mate this is not a post to help you decide, its a post designed to help justify the extra cost. 

1. Bigger looks better
  2. Its not much of an upgrade and a bit of a waste to go from your current setup to a 6x2x2 - you won't regret getting the larger size but you will regret getting the smaller. Your 5 ft is already x2.5 If you go the 2x2 you will always look at it thinking it looks smaller. Who has time in life for regrets like that?
  3. You obviously care about your fish (nice setup by the way) so you owe it to them to provide the best possible home within your means. If you are considering both already then while more expensive it doesn't sound like its too far out of your means.
  4. You deserve it - Nobody else is going to get one for you so you'll just have to do it yourself
  5. Calculate what the setup will cost less the sale of the current setup and work out how much that cost is say over the next 5-10 years of keeping it. It's F-all when you think about it

Justified? Hell yes!

Haha...Thanks mate that was Awesomely Put, Great Write Up!!! Pretty much read my mind really. Your first sentence really summed it up!!! Appreciated the input and the read now to hit up Dennison!!! Thanks Again.