Mitch74

Aquariums r Us Tanks

I have a 4x2x2 been setup for 12mths. No leaks etc. It is laminated glass. Silicone is a little untidy but not horrible, just a bit inconsistent not a nice even bead. But for the price i can't complain.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Not sure about the lids im using acrylic lids i made up to suit my pipes etc for my canister.
But the tank is good no chips etc

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

There not display quality but great for breeding in.ive got a few laminated tanks 4 x6x2x2 and 2x 4x2x2 and one of the four fts has delaminated across the bottom in a big arch,I'm just waiting for the day I walk into the fish room to see water everywhere.but overall a good tank to start off with.

They tend to have sharp edges from my experience, just check them out before buying 

I have 2 3ft fry tanks with built in sumps  that came from them & they are fine , but have had sharp edge tanks especially around the bracing from them in the past 

I have 4 two foots been running for about three years going great. Picked up three 3 foot tanks yesterday while I would not say they are display quality in regards to silicone could not beat the price for breeding tanks. I have seen second hand ones going for more than I got these new.

That said I purchased a display 4 foot tank about 7 years ago from a supposed better quality supplier and the tank leaked in under 12 months. The whole setup was purchased stand and hood from the same place so no issues with the setup the silicone gave way on one side towards the bottom.

They did warrant the repair but what a pita to empty the tank and then return to supplier for a fix.

Like most companies, the quality of work depends on the person building. Some companies only have one builder, others have several. And without mentioning any companies  by name, I've seen glass being cut and tanks made by work experience labour. People who possibly have not kept fish or understand which part of a build can affect a fish keeper significantly. 

One way you can reduce this is to personally inspect the actual tank you will be getting before you buy or have it delivered. 

pretty much like everyone has said.. they aren't amazing display quality tanks, but they do their job.

I've had 2 of their tanks have issues later.... both - 4ft x 15in x 18in tanks. BUT... 1 was 15yrs old and the top bracing/silicone gave way. the other is 20yrs old and the silicone gave way 3/4 the way down one side (what a mess) but they are old tanks. But as I said they are OOOOOOOOOLLLDD tanks, so I definitely got my $$ worth.

99.9% of my tanks that I had in my 38 tank breeding set up with Aq r us tanks.

I currently have one of their old 8ft x 2ft x 2ft tank (about 10yrs old) and its going great.

It really does come down to what you want and what you want to pay, for the quality of tanks.
They do now do starfire front panels if you want it.

When I move into my "for ever" house Dennison is getting a call for my perm display tank :D

just my 2cents.

Well 

10 hours ago, BIGDAN said:

pretty much like everyone has said.. they aren't amazing display quality tanks, but they do their job.

I've had 2 of their tanks have issues later.... both - 4ft x 15in x 18in tanks. BUT... 1 was 15yrs old and the top bracing/silicone gave way. the other is 20yrs old and the silicone gave way 3/4 the way down one side (what a mess) but they are old tanks. But as I said they are OOOOOOOOOLLLDD tanks, so I definitely got my $$ worth.

99.9% of my tanks that I had in my 38 tank breeding set up with Aq r us tanks.

I currently have one of their old 8ft x 2ft x 2ft tank (about 10yrs old) and its going great.

It really does come down to what you want and what you want to pay, for the quality of tanks.
They do now do starfire front panels if you want it.

When I move into my "for ever" house Dennison is getting a call for my perm display tank :D

just my 2cents.

I was really looking for a Display tank but thought to ask the question as A r Us is not too far from where I am. I did contact a fella from the Gold Coast and his tanks look great and are Great value. But the tank I really wanted, a 6x2x2.5 with Sliding lids, bevelled edges and black vinyl background, reasonably affordable came from Dennison. So my order is in, hopefully June/July my tank gets delivered. Cheering... Once again thanks for the feedback.

Hi, I also recently bought a tank from them (122 x 38 x 30cm). 

Like everyone said before, their silicone is a bit messy. I have two smudges on the front glass that I haven't gotten rid of (might have to use a chemical).

The tank lids are sharp. I was looking into my tank and I saw a tiny shard of glass and I had found some on the floor previously. 

However so far, so good. See if you can visit their warehouse, if you were looking for a standard sized tank, and choose the best from the lot.