Sign in to follow this  
Bonzai Seacow

How to cool my tank down????

Hi guys, i have a 6x2x2 roughly 700L and im worried coming up to summer that it is going to get to hot for my fishy friends. Its already at about 31 degrees. Heater is unplugged im thinking about turning the internal filters off and just leaving the FX5 running, also I thought about freezing some bottles of water and chucking them in there but i don't think its going to make much difference.

Anybody have any ideas?????

Cheers Sean

There are some ideas outlined in these threads - somemore effective than others.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14838&hilit=cooling+tank

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9606&hilit=+temperature+down+cooling+tank

I would not turn off your internals, rather direct them to further agitate the water surface , to allow more oxygen transfer and evaporation (cooling) to occur.

Another excellent link - http://atj.net.au/marineaquaria/cooling_fans.html

Peter

I installed 3 computer fans in the hood of my 6x2x2 and it really does work

Cheap as as well,just go down to your nearest computer repair place and buy some used fans...link them together via a transformer and bobs your uncle ;)

I've gotta pop in here and ask, how exactly is 700 litres staying warmer than the ambient airtemp? Not possible! Have you checked your thermometers to make sure they're not broken?

I've gotta pop in here and ask, how exactly is 700 litres staying warmer than the ambient airtemp? Not possible! Have you checked your thermometers to make sure they're not broken?

same page ,not being rude ither but what is causing the heat ?

heater, revers aircon , next to tv , in dyrect sunlight ,

if none of thees ive had a faulty internal stped pumping & turn into a heater

john

Sign in to follow this