Rc Merker

Discus a plenty... sooo much work

There are curveballs with everything! i am yet to see a hobby that is plain sailing!

I would love a tank with discus but my partner reckons she absolutely hates them, beats me i think the blue ones are amazing! probably have to be one of those fish that just "appears" in the tank...

discus.jpg

gep-dis.thumb.jpg.f223409d2e9207867d380b44188ce947.jpg

Maybe i can swing her with a planted geo/discus tank 

Hahah i dunno in a lot of instances that logic is false.

I did float the idea and the reply was 

"Eh not really my thing hahaha but I do like the idea of a colourful tank and colourful fish in a garden type look! Would be amazing"
cleardot.gif

soooo i think it's moving towards a yes. have to get my cabinets painted first to match the new house paint scheme, black will not go. 

I think she is well over the sterile African tank look 

post-13388-14711634117213_thumb.jpg

56 minutes ago, ROBDAUS said:

Where abouts are you located and are you selling

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Rob,

yes I have quite a few here ready to go, I generally sell them at 5cm body length (not including tail) for $20ea but they're closer to 6cm really. 

I am in Brisbane but can ship Australia wide airport to airport, fish are fasted for 48hrs prior to flying and packed in oxygen for the trip :)

10 minutes ago, gingerbeer said:

I see you run with a bare bottom on your tank.  Any tip to growing.  Can see they have grown well, nice eyes. 

Not really any tips mate, just clean water, keep the tanks crowded, keep them free of parasites and keep them fed.... at the moment I'm going through about 6-7kg of beefheart mix each month. 

I used to be on this forum under the username rex82, some may remember

2 hours ago, bluebelle said:

Think I remember rx82, used to live in Caboolture? Wish  you were closer, nobody up this way breeding discus....

Yeah I did live in Caboolture, I'm on the Southside now though so still not far away really