Kingo

Hair Algae? BBA?

Have had this tank running around 5-6 weeks, fully cycled. Aqua one 510, around 75 litre with stock lights and filter. Had been running lights with timer at 13 hrs (now reduced to 10.5) with java moss, elodea and java fern. Inert substrate dosed with DIY osmocote capsuals and dinospit.

Last week noticed small feather like growth off the fern - have cut it off. Regrowth now like brown roots coming direct from the centre of leaf. Anyone had success with 1:50 peroxide to plant (out of tank) or dosing tank daily with dinospit? Have already removed the fern and soaked and rinsed, but now concerned the rest of the (well stocked) tank is at risk of further growth. 

IMG_7406.JPG

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7413.JPG

Thats not algae! 
Thats a baby fern haha
Thats how they grow. from little brown spots you find on the under side of the leaves, they soon form or produce little plantlings. Once theyre a good size, just pinch them off and grow them out.

Not in my tanks - algae is a good thing. means stuff can and is growing. the tanks are alive and ready for fry :)

Lots more Java Fern for you though Kingo.  Just need somewhere for it to grow out.  Those 510's are a good tank.  Have one myself in the kitchen as a community tank hehe.

Yep cheers @Doug_AFK - happy to grow bio film etc but was worried of the hair or BB taking over. It's a necessary item in my tanks as I ride the next learning curve on CRS and selective breeding. Lots more to pick up on water quality. Anyone know a local BNE shop that sells barley pellets?

I believe AoA has barley pellets if this is for shrimps?

I dont have luck growing the nice green algae where i want it to grow... lol 
It grows on the front panel really nice and fluffy, super green. On the side panels, its green and brown.. :(