Hi all,

I am a pretty new aquarist of a few months now. I have a 100L tank which has 3 platy, 3 guppys and 3 juvenile bristlenose. Recently both the Platy's gave birth and about 9 fry managed to survive, so 12 Platy now I guess... They're about 1 cm long now and no longer being bothered by the other fish, which is nice. I am wondering at what age most aquariums would take them, though since I know I am most definitely overstocked now. I am planning to move one of the bristlenose, too once I know which are male and female, since I don't think my space is enough for them. Water parameters are holding really well with weekly water changes, though, so that's good.

If anyone around the Kedron area wants some young platys please let me know!

I've got 4 adult and 80-90 fry (bristelnose) plus approximately another 50-60+ guppy fry plus the original breeding colony of 9 in a 160L.  Just keep an eye on your water parameters. If you think things are going haywire, water-change and look at your filtration.  I just run two sponges on that tank and its doing fine for now.

And welcome :)

Watch ur pH mate adult bn like neutral pH baby bn like 5.5ph and guppies like 7.5ph and and a little salt and watch just keep ur gravel cleaning up and should be okay mate

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A110 using Tapatalk