Looks great, fast progress. Looks like you have done this before. 

No bottom drains? Will you curve the  corners? What waterproofing paint/membrane are you using?  Will you be using gravity filter or a closed (pressure) filter? Will it have a roof or any bird / sun protection? 

Do you need council approval for a pond? 

Looks great, fast progress. Looks like you have done this before. 
No bottom drains? Will you curve the  corners? What waterproofing paint/membrane are you using?  Will you be using gravity filter or a closed (pressure) filter? Will it have a roof or any bird / sun protection? 
Do you need council approval for a pond? 

Never done before! My First build but afew people have seen it and asked me if I can build one for them!! But not as big and I will for sure. The waterproof paint what is green is liquid reinforcing Fabric with with and extra layer of fabric on top of the first coat then. I used crommelin pond sealer no toxic 2 coats now have to leave it 7 days to dry! Got a filtoclear 30000 pressure filter with pondmax EV4910 DC so can run off battery and solar. There will be shade sail over 75% of it and metal mesh paint black. Yes and no. Depends on location, how deep it is as it can be classed as a pool then needs fence etc but they have change the laws afew times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last couple of days progress

9012c4baccf99738b5be470acdf3f5ce.jpg4ce5516b037653ea47069e890c65adde.jpg0d9449fa4b72a4a7810ab4e431279e46.jpg5ff0bef277fb58dc0a6782173eda5b57.jpg31d71d0991098e85eb2873a5f09920fb.jpg

Finished all the water proofing added Plastic Pallet in place so I can stack my pot plants in the hopefully will put the glass viewing panel in place tomorrow and tiles have been ordered for water feature should get tiles done in the week at some point..

Your first pond but experienced with block work? How did you know how much steel to put in or if it doesnt need horizontal bars?  

Are the PVC pipes sticking through the wall for pump (inlet) or TPR returns? Pot plants for a settlement and plant/bog filter ?

Will you put in an overflow to stop fish escapes during heavy rain? 

Looks really nice, keep the photos coming. I'm full of questions cos this is something I'd like to do too. Maybe... perhaps... one day. .. 

Your first pond but experienced with block work? How did you know how much steel to put in or if it doesnt need horizontal bars?  
Are the PVC pipes sticking through the wall for pump (inlet) or TPR returns? Pot plants for a settlement and plant/bog filter ?
Will you put in an overflow to stop fish escapes during heavy rain? 
Looks really nice, keep the photos coming. I'm full of questions cos this is something I'd like to do too. Maybe... perhaps... one day. .. 

The block work was done by a mate, as that is what he job is and he knows all the spec of steel ect! It as go horizontal bars every 300mm but that gets put in as you lay the blocks.

Yeh the pvc pipe is sticking through block work and all clipped on the back side.

Not really sure! I just wanted the plants separate

Yeh there is an overflow not done yet but it will be installed and connected to storm drain.. as got one more course to go on top of blocks

Will do. Yeh just can't wait until it's full of water and finished

Few things turned up today!! Tiles and pressure filter arrived. started to try and build a rock wall with what rocks I could find in my garden!! You all know what that's like never get it where you want! Will need to go buy some tho

9c2d878d3a4a3ab81dad4f2c77d3f93e.jpg217adfb2052aaee099f36ad59004728e.jpgf32c06626119d753cb2fbe4f67f6fec7.jpg

Got the glass installed had a bit of trouble but all worked out in the end!

Filter, pumps all in and tested. Solar wired up and tested just need to waterproof Around glass and it's ready for water! I just got to finished tiles tomorrow hopefully01d8a1edfc6c4c9d3cdb482eae7ed555.jpg

5b1d29c44d25f8610734eeda922f6b48.jpg
c8b4cdc3ff2c93cf72360a04f60d3a86.jpg
Solar will be going on roof of house at some point

186633273baab3cccb15cbe1c57a36cd.jpge3d25d43229a93125aacbeb4c074dfeb.jpg

Awesome!
Sorry if this has already been answered but what is going in it?

Hi no it's not been answered yet. As I not sure what I won't to put in it!! Any idea ??? what's best thinking native most probably as of temperature etc! I wanted peacock bass! But don't think they would survive over winter in Brisbane as of low temperatures with out heater! But I was thinnking of running heater but 11,000 could be quite hard as it's got no mains power running of battery and solar

4 minutes ago, Michael-9645 said:

Hi no it's not been answered yet. As I not sure what I won't to put in it!! Any idea ??? what's best thinking native most probably as of temperature etc! I wanted peacock bass! But don't think they would survive over winter in Brisbane as of low temperatures with out heater! But I was thinnking of running heater but 11,000 could be quite hard as it's got no mains power running of battery and solar

Maybe some sort of perch?

This is crazy cool! I remember being younger and dreaming up setups just like this. Now I'm older and I still can't do it haha. Looks really well done so far mate, can tell a heap of thought has gone into it. It'd be cool to be able to do some tropical fish in there but you're probably right with the temperatures. I barely crawled through this winter at times with how cold it was. I've always thought spangled perch look real nice when fully grown. I used to keep one in a pond a few years ago, didn't view well from the top but I bet it would from the side. Anyway, glad I found this thread, look forward to seeing how you do.

So how's the build going do you have water in yet 

Not too good! Last 2 weeks iv been working away and just got back today but I got the tiles started and will get most of if finished this weekend hopefully then I will fill it up next week as I got to patch afew place as Iv drop some tile glue on the floor and me mate drop some mortar from the block work!! but got all the caps on the top and will paint them on Sunday and I let it dry for 5-7 days then fill it!! Going to look at some hardwood tomorrow for the top edges on front face and got heeps of new rocks. And 120kg of river stone to put on some of the floor and looking to get a large root/ driftwood...

Got the stone tiles done today! Panted the block caps. Apart from 1 as was short and did the last one today. Will be doing the final coat of paint tomorrow and wait till dry 7days so will fill up next Sunday picking up the hard wood for the front tomorrow hopefully get that done too..

836c134320cefa31e54c98461fad74a5.jpg3b1fe1d62c3cdc9344e3a1cd70cc438b.jpg
a1fc7d4506423796f5d8d5294ef79861.jpg
Once cap as dried can finish painting the top