liquidg

Photobucket cash grab from hobbyists

Any one seen the change in photobucket?

Basically this is the way it is for years, then sorry, time to change for extra money time, you pay heaps or not use for what was reasonable or free for so long.

Same rules for many years, then a cash grab.

Lots of that type of thing online these days, its free or cheap, come on, its great here, lol.

oh well many other photo hosting as well as face book and instagram.

??? right??

Well I suppose it is okay to say it was good of them to do it for so long, sort of like excepting your home loan interest rate being raised 400 percent and back dated 8 years. Not new loans changing or when you change your loan but all of them with out the gov rate changing. The thing is, a usage thing with me anyway, of just 23 percent of the free 2gig making it roughly 500 meg, that's quite small for such a large money grab rather then, its getting expensive to host these so we need to charge a little something from now on per 500 meg or what ever.

I am photo addict, lol, but there are other areas to have photos hosted, just a bit of work to set it up.

I always keep my originals and the sized photos, just a bit of work for me to set up else where , no big deal.

I am over half way through it allready.

Hopefully Imgur etc respond better when they need to start charging, rather than hold users pictures to ransom basically. Unfortunately this model of business looks to have to go the way of a user pays scenario. Storage costs as well as the decline of revenue from online advertising are pushing this movement. Photobucket, unfortunately for them, have gone completely the wrong way about it. Will be one of the biggest internet business fails for a very long time.

1 hour ago, Eric A said:

Hopefully Imgur etc respond better when they need to start charging, rather than hold users pictures to ransom basically. Unfortunately this model of business looks to have to go the way of a user pays scenario. Storage costs as well as the decline of revenue from online advertising are pushing this movement. Photobucket, unfortunately for them, have gone completely the wrong way about it. Will be one of the biggest internet business fails for a very long time.

Too true, people would pay, but you don't start high, you start low and work your way up till profits are there and alls good.

The photo works but any photos hosted on facebook become their property (read the fine print) allowing them to do anything they want with it.

I don't even host photos on QLDAF as I want to be able to edit or remove any and all photos I take whenever or wherever I decide. 

20 hours ago, aquaholic99 said:

The photo works but any photos hosted on facebook become their property (read the fine print) allowing them to do anything they want with it.

I don't even host photos on QLDAF as I want to be able to edit or remove any and all photos I take whenever or wherever I decide. 

that's why I take out 95 percent of my photos content for on line and size them to 600 and put my water mark on, no one wants pics like that, lol

My pics average 18kbs down from 4000.

I was waiting see what photobucket would do with this money grab they are trying?

It was no access to the account at all ,the yesterday, all photos gone, lol.

Any one who stays with them or starts with them is a fool, they will most likely do even worse next time, what's to stop them, nothing!