gingerbeer

This weekend in the fishroom 150717

When doing my water change I could smell something burning.  Went inside from the garage to check the kitchen for burnt toast, bathrooms for hair straighteners left on.

Went back to fish room and I found I forgot to switch the heaters off.  Heater was on and melted the rubber suction cup holder.  I knew I hated suction cup holders for a reason. 

OOPS!  Lucky wife did not catch me.... 

I've got to give mine a final water test and a vacuum and I should be ready for fish next weekend. I want to get some different driftwood and plants though, think I'll head to that upcoming market day in Ipswich to grab some before I do get any fish in it though.

1 minute ago, Eric A said:

I've got to give mine a final water test and a vacuum and I should be ready for fish next weekend. I want to get some different driftwood and plants though, think I'll head to that upcoming market day in Ipswich to grab some before I do get any fish in it though.

The market days are great.....     What are you setting up for?

Just have a little 2 foot, want to get some bolivian rams and have a go at breeding them. Will get some neons again for dithers and probably 2 otos and 3 or so corydoras. Should do me for breeding purposes.

My largest Ryukin decided it's fun to play with one of the air stones, suck the bubbles and swim upside down for a while then the game starts again. Then there's the red one who thinks he's an Archer and spits water out the tank, the other two are just boring.

Setting up a quarantine tank for 3 new discus. Ordered some new heaters etc. Still treating a single discus for hex, trying to find pure metro is a huge pain. No vets in my area will give it to me. She is improving but need to get some stronger stuff. 

Well on Sunday I ended up going to Techies to see what they had going on. Came home with some Seiryu stone and a little piece of mangrove. Had a giant piece of really nice wood in the two foot but was a bit much, probably better suited for a three foot.. next tank :twisted:. Need to get a little more but didn't have the money, so will go back next weekend and maybe even grab some fish to start my cycle.

21 hours ago, QldMick said:

just got a new heater, poor africans were down to 13oC, got a spawn from my albino longfin bristlenose less than a week after buying a male for my lonely female.

Warwick, and water only down to 13.  must be global warming.

Set up the quarantine tank for the new discus today. Got a solid yellow, solid white and a yellow checker coming in. 

Was lucky enough to find a kind vet that is supplying us with Metro. Dosed the problem tank for the first time today. Hoping it all goes well. 

Fish are responding super well to the metro today. Really happy about it

Just out of interest is it in feed or a powder? I gather in feed is better but wonder if they allow for that in the powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk